Rally, NC – Neck State (3-1) returns home on Saturday after three straight road games, over rival Duke (1-4). The Wolfpack and the Blue Devils close the square at 3:30 pm on the Recom Sports Network. Although the schools are only 21 miles apart, programs have not been played since 2013. Duke won the final two and advanced to the all-time series 41-36-1. However, NC State has won 14 of the 17 since 1990.
Pack Pride provides live updates, scores, highlights and other news before and during the game. Follow along with live updates and analysis by refreshing this page, and join the discussion in a connecting thread on the discussion Pack Pride Premium Message Board
NC State will be without 11 scholarship players for the fifth game of the season against Duke. Senior cornerback Chris ingram, Who still wants to play in 2020, remains out while fellow junior cornerback Tashan Smith And protect safety Rakim Ashford Are out for the season with a shoulder injury. Redshirt fresher security Khalid Martin Inactive for the second week in a row. To see a complete rundown You can inactivity for the pack on Saturday Click here.
– Chase Bryce fakes the handoff and keeps it away from the right edge. He is 9 yards for 2nd-and-1. The pack stuffs the run on the next play, 3-and-2 for Duke coming up from their 29. Neck State again fills the run and Duke will choose to punt their 30-to-4-and-1.
– Person gets stuffed for a 3-yard loss, then 2 picks up the next play. NC State with a 3 and an 11. Zonovan Knight while entering the playground. Levin’s pass to Devin Carter is incomplete. Trenton Gill is coming out of Duke 44 for a punt. Duke blocks the punt and takes it back for a touchdown. The Blue Devils took a 7–0 lead with 9:51 left in the first quarter.
– Called a blindside block against NC State on the return, the Pack will start at their own 15-yard line. Zonovan reaches three yards on the first play of the night drive, then stops him on the next play. Duke recovers, NC State will start at 18.
– Chase Bryce had Noah Gray open in the middle of the end zone and overthrew him. 3-and-10 coming for Duke. Bring out the takeaway bone! Peyton Wilson accepts Chase Bryce’s pass and Neck State will start their 11.
– Duke started the drive at his own 14-yard line. Tenor Ingle scored the first rung, but Shayam Battle called PI in the next play. Duke gets first place in the Neck State at 28. Chase Bryce completes his first pass of the game which goes down for the first time after two missed tackles by Neck State. Peyton Wilson and Isaiah Moore gets a 3D stop on Chase Bryce and Neck State to deal for the loss!
– NC State’s campaign will begin with its own 27. Lilley’s CJ is intercepted for the relay as the relay falls to the ground. With no flag thrown, the Duke would take 33 from his own.
– Targeting calls are confirmed. Jayken Harris has been ruled out and Duke will be ranked first from the Neck State 35. Isaac Duffy is now in the game for Jayken Harris. Duke center Will Taylor lands. Issac Duffy’s snaps today will be the first defensive snack of his career in place of Isaac Derry. Duke completes a pass for a small gain, but the Devils called for a block in the back. The first quarter would be extended for one final game, with Duke now coming back from NC State 28 for a 3-and-18. Chase Bryce’s pass is incomplete. End of 1Q: Duke 7, NC State 0.
Duke scores an FG of 46 yards and takes a 10-0 lead with 14:55 to go in the first half. Leary builds pressure, rolls out, throws it to Thayer Thomas, the pass is knocked out of his hands and Emeka Emiji comes down with it. All told, this pack is the first down for NC State after a 15-yard catch in 47. Leary finds Carter in the middle for the first down on the next play. First and 10 from Duke 30. Leary’s pass to Davy Carter was caught and was pushed out of bounds at the 1-yard line. Jordan Carries Houston and punches it into the final zone for a 1-yard TD! Duke 10, NC State 7 with 10:44 left in first half.
– Tanner Ingle tackles after a 3-yard gain to Duke. Not quite sure what the celebration was after that drama. Drake Thomas then wraps Duke RB for a loss. Isaac Duffy tackles his first to force a punt. Running into a kicker called on Delbert Mims of Neck State. He seemed to have made contact with Punter’s toe, but this is a punishment of five yards and first down.
Get breaking pack pride news in your inbox. Sign up for our free newsletter!
Want to send NC State News directly to your phone? Sign up for a free pack, be proud of the text alerts!
Not a pack pride subscriber? Click here to get 30 percent off your annual subscription in your first month for just 1 dollar!