Health officials said on Monday that nineteen new coronovirus cases had been reported in the state.
Monday’s report brings the cumulative total of coronovirus cases statewide to 4,701. Of those, 4,230 have been confirmed positive, while 471 were classified as “probable cases”, according to the Menon Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
No new deaths were reported on Monday, bringing the statewide death toll to 134. Almost all deaths have occurred in men over 60 years of age.
Here is the latest on Coronavirus and its impact in Maine:
– “School uplift last March prompted some Maine parents to rethink how they want their children to learn this fall, when schools typically use a combination of in-person and remote learning Some parents do not want their children to spend so much time learning on computers, while others simply think that their children learn better in a different system. ”- Isha Pendarkhar, BDN
– “For the fading commercial clam harvesters of New England, the coronavirus epidemic represents the only recent setback that has stifled a centuries-old industry.” – Patrick Whit, Associated Press
– “The Maine seafood industry could receive a $ 20 million boost this fall through funds provided under the Federal Cars Act.” – The Associated Press
– “Operators of Maine music clubs and music industry professionals have formed a grassroots coalition and launched a $ 500,000 fundraising campaign to help local areas survive the epidemic.” – The Associated Press
– “Athletic training workers across the state are preparing to do their job in the midst of the COVID-19 epidemic. Beyond the ankles and being involved in physical injuries, their job description will undergo a turning point if it actually fought the falling sport. Goes – Now monitoring safety guidelines related to coronaviruses in an effort to play the game safely. ”- Ernie Clarke, BDN
According to Johns Hopkins University of Medicine, as of Monday afternoon, in all 50 states, coronoviruses sickened 6,292,206 people in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands and the US Virgin Islands. .