During the deadly siege on the US Capitol by supporters of President Trump, a laptop was stolen from a conference room in the office of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Pelosi aide said on Friday.
Why it matters: Laptop theft, as well as another computer taken from Sen. Jeff Merkle’s office during Wednesday’s riots, have raised cyber security concerns.
- Pelosi’s deputy chief of staff Drew Hamill tweeted that a laptop taken from the speaker’s office was stolen from a conference room and used only for presentations. He did not elaborate.
- On Wednesday, Merkley said Video posted on twitter The rioters stole a laptop that was sitting at a conference room table in his office.
What they are saying “According to Politico, US Attorney Michael Sherwin said Thursday in a news briefing,” The material was stolen, and we had to identify what was done, minimize it, and it could have potential national security similarities. ”
- Sherwin said, “It will take several days to see what happened, what was stolen, what was not stolen?” What was done to reduce that [damage]. “
Authorities announced on Friday that they had arrested and charged The man was sitting at a desk in Pelosi’s office.
- Richard Barnett of Arkansas has been charged with three felony counts, including theft of public property, violent entry and disorderly conduct based on the Capitol.
- Adam Johnson of Florida has also been arrested on a federal warrant and booked into the Pinellas County Jail for jail records show. According to Reuters, Johnson was a photographed man carrying Pelesey’s Lecturer of the House of Representative Chambers.
Go in: Man photographs in Pelosi’s office among people who were killed in a deadly riot