Kentucky’s first basketball opponent in next week’s SEC Tournament is official.
Ending the season 9-15 overall and 8-9 in league play, the Wildcats will face the Mississippi State Bulldogs on Thursday, with the start scheduled for noon ET (11 a.m. CT) at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee.
Britain secured eighth place in the overall standings on Saturday with a landslide home win over South Carolina, and MSU finished as ninth seed after their loss to Auburn.
The winner of the UK-MSU showdown will see Alabama seeded on Friday at noon ET, which will air live on ESPN.
The league will launch the final set of SEC tournaments on Sunday after the Florida-Tennessee game, which is scheduled for noon ET on ESPNU.
Kentucky’s start on Thursday marks the first time the show has started its SEC Tournament run before the quarterfinals for the first time since the tournament was expanded in 2013, and the UK never won four games in the tournament. the conference to win the title since 1952. A season-saving run to win the league championship, would mark the seventh title under John Calipari and the 32nd overall in the program.
The team’s opening round showdown on Thursday will be televised on the SEC Network with Karl Ravech and Jimmy Dykes on the call. If Kentucky wins on Thursday, all Wildcats games going forward will be on ESPN. Both the semifinals and the championship game will be televised on ESPN at 1 pm ET with Ravech, Dykes and Marty Smith.
Fan information for the SEC tournament can be found below:
Fans attending the 2021 SEC Tournament are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the policies related to fan entry and security for the event, including the arena’s face covering and no baggage policies. Bridgestone Arena will have a 20% (3,400) seating capacity due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Due to current circumstances related to COVID-19 that require reduced capacity for sporting events, the SEC will not be able to make tickets available for public purchase. In accordance with attendance limitations, teams competing in the 2021 Men’s Basketball Tournament will receive a very limited number of tickets for sale to their fan base.
The 2021 SEC Men’s Basketball Tournament is a mobile ticket-only event. All fans will need a mobile ticket to enter the stadium. Using the web browser on the phones, all mobile tickets issued by participating teams or the conference can be accessed through the SEC’s mobile login at www.secsports.com/tickets. All tickets purchased through Ticketmaster can be accessed through www.ticketmaster.com or the Ticketmaster app.
Fans are advised to store their ticket in their mobile wallet before arriving for easier access to the venue. Screenshots or ticket recordings are not valid for the ticket. Fans coming to the game with friends or family should transfer their tickets to them prior to game day so they can enjoy the ease of movement around the arena.
FACIAL COVERING POLICY
While on the Bridgestone Arena property, guests over the age of 2 must wear a mask or cloth mask (covering the nose and mouth) at all times, including but not limited to when guests are inside the building or in the square. Gaiters, bandanas and covers with exhalation valves or vents are prohibited, and the use of a face shield does not eliminate the requirement to wear a face shield underneath. A face cover or mask can be lowered when actively eating or drinking at the guest’s designated seating area.
Any guest who is unable to wear a face cover due to a medical condition must notify the Arena at least 24 hours in advance via the method described below.
- Any guest wishing to request a medical exemption should contact the Arena by sending an email [email protected] with a subject line “Request for medical exemption from facial coverage.”
- Please include the guest’s name, the game / event the person will be attending, and the seat location in the email. A designated representative will respond after receiving such inquiry with further instructions.
- Any guest requiring accommodation who does not notify the Arena via the method described above and attempts to enter the Arena without covering their face will be denied entry to the Arena.
- Any guest who is unable to wear a face cover due to a medical condition will be required to wear a face shield at all times while on Bridgestone Arena property, except as necessary when actively eating or drinking in the designated seating area.
The health of our student-athletes, campus communities, fans, and the general public is a constant priority of the SEC and its member institutions. Fans attending the SEC 2021 Tournament are requested to adhere to the following public health guidelines:
- All people in the arena (guests and staff) are required to cover their faces and must be worn at all times except while actively eating and drinking in your seat.
- Wash your hands frequently for 20 seconds with soap and water or use a hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizer is available for use throughout Bridgestone Arena. Fans can bring a small clear bottle of hand sanitizer.
- Visitors must follow all social distancing markers displayed in Bridgestone Arena. These markers will help everyone line up for security checks, restrooms, and concessions.
Fans are asked to stay home if they experience any of the following symptoms:
- Fever (equal to or greater than 100.4)
- Shaking chills
- Muscle pain
- Shortness of breath or trouble breathing
- Throat pain
- New loss of taste or smell
NO BAG POLICY
Bridgestone Arena has a no baggage policy for all events. Items normally carried in diapers or baby bags should be carried in a transparent bag.
Fans can still bring items like binoculars and cameras (without detachable lenses), as long as they are not in cases, as well as smartphones to the arena.
Working personnel, including the media, will continue to enter the arena through designated gates where they will be subject to bag checks and inspections already in place for the tournament.