Justice League Investigator Backs DC Films’ Walter Hamada Against Ray Fisher’s Claims


Several hours after Fisher’s tweet, WarnerMedia shared a statement from a retired federal judge who oversaw one of three misconduct investigations on the set of League of Justice. This is the first time an investigator has spoken publicly on the matter.

“I am disappointed in the continued public statements suggesting that Walter Hamada somehow interfered with the League of Justice research. It did not, “investigator and former federal judge Katherine B. Forrest said in a statement.” I interviewed him extensively on more than one occasion and interviewed him specifically about his very limited interaction with Fisher. I found Mr. Hamada credible and talkative. I concluded that he did nothing to prevent or interfere with the investigation. On the contrary, the information it provided was useful and advanced the investigation. “

In its own statement, WarnerMedia endorsed Hamada, as it has in the past.

“Once again false statements are being made about our executives and our company around the recent League of Justice investigation, “read the statement from WarnerMedia.” As we’ve said before, an extensive and thorough third-party investigation was conducted. Our executives, including Walter Hamada, fully cooperated, no evidence of interference was found, and Warner Bros. did not lie to the press. It’s time to stop saying otherwise and move forward productively. “

Hamada, who rose through the ranks as an executive at New Line, was not involved in League of Justice, and gained oversight of the DC Extended Universe in early 2018 when he took over as president of DC Films. However, Fisher has accused the executive for several months of trying to interfere with the investigation.

On December 11, 2020, WarnerMedia concluded an investigation into allegations of misconduct on the set of League of Justice, taking corrective action.

The investigation followed a July 1, 2020 tweet in which Fisher alleged on Twitter that Joss Whedon had been abusive on the set of League of Justice, the 2017 movie that replaced original director Zack Snyder. The actor further claimed that producers Geoff Johns and Jon Berg allowed Whedon’s alleged behavior. Berg has publicly denied wrongdoing, while Whedon and Johns have remained silent. Johns is still in business with Warner, as a producer of Star Girl, Batwoman, Doomed patrol, Superman and Lois Y Titans.

WarnerMedia opened an investigation into the allegations, but on September 4, Warner Bros. released a statement claiming that Fisher was not cooperating with outside investigators investigating those allegations. Fisher denied this in a statement of his own. Fisher League of Justice co-star Jason Momoa, who has both Dune and a Aquaman sequel set with the studio, publicly endorsed by Fisher in a Sept. 14 statement addressed to Warner.

On November 24, Joss Whedon announced that he was retiring from The Nevers, a series he was working on with WarnerMedia’s HBO, saying in a statement: “I am really exhausted and I am stepping back to march my energy into my own life, which is also on the brink of exciting change.”

The exchange between WarnerMedia and Fisher occurs just a few weeks before Zack Snyder’s Justice League comes to HBO Max. That four-hour movie, in which Fisher shot the new material four, is the culmination of filmmaker Snyder’s vision of League of Justice, from which he was originally withdrawn in 2017 after a family tragedy.

After WarnerMedia released its statement, Fisher wrote on Twitter, “As I said from the beginning: Walter Hamada ATTEMPTED to interfere with JL’s investigation. He failed because I did not allow him. For the investigator to make a statement stating that there was no interference is intentionally misleading and desperate.”

February 27, 1:55 pm Updated with Ray Fisher’s tweet in response to WarnerMedia’s statement.



Source link