CLOSE

In a stunning assertion, comic Louis C.Ok. stated the allegations within the current ‘New York Times’ report are true. Video offered by Newsy.
Newslook

The fallout continues for Louis C.Ok. after the comic confessed to sexual misconduct final week, together with worldwide distributors dropping his new film I Love You, Daddy and extra names in comedy condemning his conduct. 

The newest developments as they occur:

Jon Stewart ‘shocked’ by information 

Stewart, one in every of C.Ok.’s longtime mates and collaborators, appeared on NBC’s Today Tuesday to advertise his Night of Too Many Stars profit, at which C.Ok. was initially scheduled to seem earlier than HBO booted the comic from the particular. 

Speaking to Matt Lauer and Savannah Guthrie, Stewart stated he was “stunned” by the allegations in opposition to C.Ok., which the comic admitted had been true in a New York Times exposé printed Thursday.

“You give your friends the benefit of the doubt,” he stated, echoing a sentiment fellow comic Marc Maron expressed on his podcast Monday. “I tried to think of it in terms of, I’ve had friends who’ve had compulsions, like drinking or gambling or drugs, and we’ve lost some of them. Some of them have died, and you always find yourself back to a moment of, ‘Did I miss something? Could I have done more?’ And in this situation, I think we all could’ve.”

The former Daily Show host, who says he hasn’t spoken with C.Ok. for the reason that story broke, continued, “So you’re feeling anger at what he did to folks. But comedy, on its greatest day, will not be an incredible surroundings for ladies. I feel it is gotten higher through the years, however actually, after we began 30 years in the past, it was actually tough. So to do it was an act of bravery in and of itself. The concept that there was this added layer of stress and manipulation and concern and humiliation.

He added, “Look, I do not need to make it like, ‘Louis was the one one within the enterprise!’ (He’s) not, it is endemic.”

“I feel it is a query of, ‘We’re used to being in cost.’ And I feel if you discuss to ladies, they’re in a really tough place, and also you get mad at your self too for laughing it off, or for considering, ‘That did not occur,’ and it is arduous.”

Online commenters started calling on Stewart to talk out about C.Ok’s conduct after a 2016 interview with the previous Daily Show host went viral, displaying him laughing off a query in regards to the allegations throughout a dwell taping of David Axelrod’s The Axe Files podcast.

“So the internet said Louis harassed women?” Stewart stated as the gang laughed, later claiming, “I don’t know what you’re speaking about however I can’t actually reply.”

Recalling the incident throughout his Today interview, Stewart stated, “My first response was, What?!? And then joke, joke … As he saved going, I stated, ‘I do know that is very critical, however I do know Louis. He’s all the time been a gentleman — to me.’ Again, it speaks to the blindness I feel a person has, which is like, ‘Hey, he is a superb man! What are you speaking about?’ “

Bottom line: “We took somebody’s word for it,” Stewart stated. “That’s an error on our part.”

More: Ex-manager Dave Becky points apology; Marc Maron says C.Ok. lied to him

Distributors in Middle East, France, Scandinavia dump ‘I Love You, Daddy’

The Nov. 9 premiere of Louis C.Ok.’s new film, ‘I Love You, Daddy,’ was canceled all of a sudden, simply hours earlier than the ‘New York Times’ printed a narrative through which 5 ladies accused him of various levels of sexual misconduct. (Photo: Toronto International Film Festival)

Distributors in Scandinavia (Sweden’s Nonstop Entertainment), France (ARP Selection) Israel (Shoval Film) and the Middle East (the Dubai-based Front Row Filmed Entertainment) have canceled plans to launch Louis C.Ok.’s I Love You, Daddy of their territories, The Hollywood Reporter, and Variety and Display screenDaily report.

The worldwide distributors are following the lead of The Orchard, which introduced it was canceling the movie’s U.S. launch on Friday, at some point after C.Ok. admitted his accusers had been telling the reality.

Front Row defined their reasoning in a Facebook put up printed early Tuesday morning: ”For as a lot as we acknowledge Louis C.Ok.’s inventive and performing expertise, by releasing the movie within the Middle East and North Africa would imply condoning one of these conduct and forgetting the injury it has prompted and nonetheless causes to the victims no matter gender. Therefore, we, at Front Row, have determined to not launch the movie. This is the kind of message we wish to ship to the entire system which must re-examine its core moral values.”

Michele Halberstadt, the top of acquisitions at France’s ARP Selection, advised THR that contractually, they can’t launch Daddy till it comes out within the USA, however “contract or no contract, just look at the trailer, you can’t watch it now.”

She continued, “Louis C.K.’s life is so much a part of his movies and it’s very personal, so you cannot separate the work from the artist. It’s impossible and considering the subject matter the movie tackles it has become clear that you cannot screen the movie for what it is, that’s our position.”

Autoplay

Show Thumbnails

Show Captions

Last SlideSubsequent Slide

Read or Share this story: https://usat.ly/2ig6BpZ