John Boyega dropped Joe Malone after removing ‘Star Wars’ actor from brand ads – Deadline


John Boyega will no longer represent London cosmetics brand Joe Malone, he announced on Monday.

“I don’t have time for nonsense.” We press and strengthen. Stay blessed, ”he wrote in a Twitter source explaining his decision.

Star wars Starr, who was Malone’s first male global ambassador, removed the brand’s campaign from a resume of a video created for a marketing campaign and removed it from the clip.

Original advertisement, “London Gent” aired last year and saw Boyge roaming his childhood neighborhood. It also reflects his Nigerian background. The video has since won the Best Media Campaign Award for the Khushboo Foundation Virtual Award.

Boyega said, “His decision to change my campaign in China using my concepts and substituting a local brand ambassador for me was wrong,” Boyega’s thread continued. “The film celebrated my personal story – showcasing my hometown, including my friends and featuring my family.”

Over the weekend Joe Malone issued an apology to the actor.

“John is a tremendous artist with great personal vision and direction. The film’s concept was based on John’s personal experiences and should not be repeated, ”Brand told the Hollywood Reporter.

The Joe Mellon debacle was not the first time Boyega was removed for promotional material in China. Back in 2015, A. Star Wars: The Force Awakens The China poster left actor and co-star Oscar Issac.

Read Boyge’s full thread below.

Leave a Reply