JBL announced several new products atsome of which I covered from the program. One that I did not have the opportunity to write was the next Xtreme 2 wireless speaker, the next generation of the company's portable jumbo Bluetooth speaker. It will be sent this spring for $ 300 (£ 250, $ AU350).
While the Xtreme 2 is not as big as the typical boombox of yesteryear (JBL's largest Boombox), the idea is that it's supposed to emit almost as much sound as one. To that end, JBL has updated the drivers on the Xtreme 2 so that the speaker has a larger and thicker sound with even lower ones. And now it is totally water resistant.
I heard it quickly on the show, but it was hard to say how much better its sound really was, since I did not have the previous model to compare it with. However, for what it's worth, JBL was offering a hearing test compared to the UE Megaboom of similar price
I will have a complete review of the Xtreme 2 once I have a sample review this spring. For now, here are your key specifications, according to JBL:
- Wireless connection of up to two smartphones or tablets
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery that supports up to 15 hours of playback
- IPX7 Water-resistant (speaker can submerge in water).
- JBL Connect + -enabled (link up to 100 JBL Connect + speakers enabled together)
- Upgraded drivers and passive bass radiators
- Colors: midnight black, forest green and ocean blue  Equipped with speaker with noise and echo cancellation
- Available this spring for $ 300 (£ 250, $ AU350)