Iran warns about increasing missile range against any threat from Europe, Middle East News and better news



[ad_1]

LONDON • The deputy head of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) has warned Europe that if it threatens Tehran, the body will increase the range of its missiles to more than 2,000 km, the Fars news agency reported.

France has called for an "intransigent" dialogue with Iran on its ballistic missile program and possible negotiation on the separate issue of Tehran's 2015 nuclear agreement with world powers.

Iran has repeatedly said that its missile program is defensive and non-negotiable. "If we have kept the range of our missiles at 2,000 km, it is not due to the lack of technology … we are following a strategic doctrine," said Brigadier General Hossein Salami, according to Fars on Saturday.

"So far we have felt that Europe is not a threat, so we do not increase the range of our missiles, but if Europe wants to become a threat, we will increase the range of our missiles."

Major-General Mohammad Ali Jafari, head of the IRGC, said last month that Iran's 2,000-kilometer missile range could cover "the majority of US interests and forces" in the region, so Iran did not need extend it

Major General Jafari said the range of ballistic missiles was based on the limits set by the country's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who is the head of the armed forces.

Iran has one of the largest missile programs in the Middle East and some of its missiles guided by precision have scope to attack Israel.

The United States accused Iran this month of supplying Yemen & # 39; s Houthi rebels with a missile that was fired at Saudi Arabia in July and called on the United Nations to hold Tehran responsible for violating two resolutions of the UN Security Council. Iran has denied the supply of missiles and weapons to the Houthis.

"Yemen is in total blockade, how could we have given them a missile?" said Brigadier Salami. "If Iran can send a missile to Yemen, it shows the inability of (the Saudi coalition), but we have not given them missiles."

Yesterday, Iran accused the US UU Responsibility for "atrocities" in Yemen through their support Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Bahram Ghbademi said last Friday in a White House statement in support of Riyadh that "clearly and unquestioningly test participation and responsibility of the United States in the atrocities committed. " for Saudi Arabia in Yemen. "

In his statement, Washington had said he was" committed to supporting Saudi Arabia … against the aggression (of the IRGC) and the flagrant violations of international law. "

Shia- He ruled Iran and the Sunni heavyweight, Saudi Arabia, back the opposite sides in the conflicts from Yemen to Syria.

REUTERS, AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE

[ad_2]
Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.