iOS 13 will deliver a series of features to your iPhone when this case is launched, taking on Android Q from Google OS once more in an endless battle for your heart and soul. The announcement reached Apple's annual WWDC developer conference This week in San Jose. It sounds dramatic, but with Android around 90% of the world's phones, Apple has its job to maintain its status and reputation. In iOS 13, sweeping new features makes up for small adjustments that make your life a little easier. Dark fashion, new photo tools and a slideable keyboard are some of the biggest hitters, with new mapping tools, security features and Possibility of customizing the memoji avatars. folded in good measure.
Although Apple highlighted some key features, keep in mind that the company often reserves some surprises for the iPhone that are revealed every September. There may be more features to come. Make sure Your iPhone is compatible with iOS 13.)
A big change for iOS 13 is that it does not directly feed the iPad. Apple split A new operating system just for tablets called iPadOS. The new iPadOS is based on iOS for iPhone, so you will find similarities with the main functions of the phone.
iOS 13 is full of new features
Apple's ability to attract buyers with iOS 13 is particularly important in 2019. The iPhone maker has seen iPhone sales are slow in step with competitors in all areas. Meanwhile, the next iPhones will probably lag behind other Android rivals in key features such as support for 5G speeds, Periscope zoom and independent night mode. For ultraclear camera shots. But over the years, Apple has shown that it can create software tools and applications, such as FaceTime video and iMessage.
The beta version for iOS 13 developers is now available, and the final version will hit iPhones this fall. Look for the public beta of iOS 13 that will arrive in July. (How can you Download iOS 13 beta right now.) See all Apple news today.
IOS 13 Apple becomes the dark side
Dark fashion for all.
Dark fashion, which replaces a clear screen with a dark screen, comes through the main applications in iOS 13, including calendar, music and photo applications. This will be for the whole system, but we will have to see if there are exceptions. Dark fashion is a popular trend in all applications, and will reach Android Qalso
read: Everything we know about the dark mode for iPhone
That swipey keyboard
Android users have been sliding their keyboards to write for years, through a series of third-party applications, such as Swype and Swift. Finally, Apple has added the ability, allowing you to draw a word to spell it.
Apple calls it QuickPath Typing. In theory, it's faster and as accurate as pecking at the virtual keyboard, and it still receives spelling suggestions as it goes.
The feature is especially useful for writing with one hand.
Lighting portraits for photos, rotate a video.
A new photo tab gives you access to some of the new tools that Apple is adding here. For example, you can now delete duplicate photos and highlight the best shots.
Vertical lighting, the tool within the native camera application of your iPhone, adds lighting effects to soften your skin. You can also change the intensity and location of your light for vertical illumination.
More editing filters add accents called vignette, vibration, automatic improvement and noise reduction.
Photo editing also improves, with a new ability to adjust images by touching and dragging with your finger. The editing tools also come to the video, which means that yes, you can rotate a video if you accidentally take it in the wrong orientation. You can apply the new filters and video effects as well.
Other new features of the camera in iOS 13
- Photo applications will automatically organize the photos by year, month and date, which will facilitate the search of photos.
- Live photos and videos are reproduced as you travel.
- See photos based on each day, month or year.
Find My Phone and Find My Friends join forces
The rumors were right. Apple Folded Find my phone and Find my friends in a unique application called Find my. While the location of close friends is fine, the real value is finding lost or lost devices (for example, the iPhone behind the couch) when they are disconnected, using a Bluetooth beacon.
The tool is encrypted and anonymous, says Apple, and will not allow phone thieves to install or restart your iPhone unless you activate it.
Dark mode comes to Apple iOS
Log in with Apple to not share your email address.
the New privacy feature called Log in with Apple it registers it in accounts and applications without having to add its email address, which Apple says will protect users of the third-party applications they want.
This is Apple's version of logging in with Facebook and Google, with one important exception. Those tools can be used to track it, but the Apple version will use your iPhone or iPad to authenticate your credentials when you log in. You must authenticate with Face ID without revealing any personal information about yourself.
You can also choose to share or hide your email address, and you can ask Apple to create a random email for the application or service that resends to your actual email address, thus hiding your actual identity without using an account. of spam
You can also find out if you have any application to request your permission each time you request your location data.
read: Log in with the Apple iPhone application: the new privacy login tool explained
Siri finds a new voice
Siri, Apple's new voice badistant, climbs Audio update in iOS 13. Instead of cut vocals, Apple hopes that the new sounds of Siri will be increasingly natural for your ears. Using the software of AI (a neural network of conversation to speak, specifically), Siri will speak with less spaces and non-human sound modulations.
Siri from iOS 13 also works best with AirPods, HomePod, CarPlay and Safari:
- Create custom shortcuts using a new shortcut application.
- Suggested automation so you can customize your and create a template.
- Siri reads the messages as soon as they arrive and you can respond instantly.
- Share a movie or song with a friend with a single touch.
- Deliver a phone call or music from your iPhone to your HomePod.
- Car game: Siri's smart suggestions work here, like suggesting that you open your garage when you approach your home.
- Siri Suggestions arrives at the Safari browser.
Memoji Avatars come to Messages, stickers.
Apple's message applications now get support for Memoji profileswhich puts a thumbnail of your Memoji (an emoji of your face) in the message application. The new controls allow you to deepen with personalization, makeup and even put keys in the teeth. You also get a sticker pack on your iOS 13 devices.
iMessages will now work on Dual SIM phones (unfortunately, we do not have more details than that).
New applications in iOS 13
- mail: Get new rich sources.
- notes: A new gallery view, support for shared folders.
- reminders: You can add details of when and where to remember an item.
- Smart lists: It will allow you to take a person to entrust it to another person, for example, when you set a time to talk.
- maps: Gets Apple Carplay support at the end of 2019. You can see roads, beaches, parks and buildings, take a place for favorites. The collections will give you a list of favorites to share with friends. Look-around will give you a high-definition 3D view of the area. The horizontal view will move smoothly down the street, allowing you to touch the labels to learn more about new places.
Apple reveals new camera and photo updates
More new features of iOS 13
- Send call spam directly to voicemail and silence strangers.
- Silence thread in the mail.
- Add attachments to events in the calendar.
- Lyrics synchronized in time when you play music.
- Compatibility with 3D AR applications such as Minecraft Earth, which will hit iOS 13 this summer.
- The face ID unlocking is now 30 percent faster.
- New support source.
- Applications start 2 times faster.
- The downloads are 50% smaller and the updates 60% smaller.
- Low data mode
- 38 new language keyboards
- Language selection by application
Published on June 3. Update, June 4 at 4:24 am PT: Added more details.
CNET can get a commission on retail offers.