Home / World / The suicide bomber often talked about being humiliated by the J & K police, says father

The suicide bomber often talked about being humiliated by the J & K police, says father

On the afternoon of February 14, Jaish-e-Mohammad released a 10-minute prerecorded video. It featured 19-year-old Adil Ahmed Dar, also known as Waqas Command, from Gundibagh, in the Pulwama district of southern Kashmir. He said he was recruited directly to the team of Jaish's fidayeen. "Fidayeen" is an Arabic term meaning "those who sacrifice themselves". Dar declared: "By the time this video reaches you, I'll be in heaven."

Dar also spoke of the plight of "Indian and Kashmiri Muslims" in the Indian state, stating that "their oppression fuels our jihad." He hailed the role of South Kashmir in the "tehreek" or movement and appealed to people from the north and center of Kashmir to join.

Hours before the video was published, Dar had driven a Scorpion full of explosives to a convoy of more than 70 vehicles of the Central Reserve Police that pbaded through the Srinagar-Jammu national highway. The attack took place near Lethpora, in the Awantipora area, in the district of Pulwama.

"Police in the Awantipora police district today attended a horrific terrorist crime in Ladhu Mode Lethpora approximately 1515 hours after an explosion of terrorists against a convoy of security forces traveling from Jammu to Srinagar," said a statement from the Police of Jammu and Kashmir. "A vehicle that was part of the convoy carrying CRPF personnel carried the worst part of the explosion and caused multiple casualties."

According to figures from the Central Reserve Police Force published Thursday night, 37 of his men were killed. Unofficial figures put the toll at 42 so far. At least five members of the paramilitary force were also injured.

It is being called the most lethal attack by the militants against the security forces in the militancy of three decades of Kashmir. According to eyewitnesses, the explosion was so mbadive that it caused a shock wave "similar to an earthquake" in the area. He left behind a burning mountain of broken remains and vehicles, scattered pieces of human flesh and pools of blood.

After the explosion, police said, security forces cordoned off some 15 villages around the site of the attack. On February 8, the Central Reserve Police Force received a note from the state police, saying that there had been comments of a possible FDI explosion. "Before occupying your deployment site, disinfect the area properly," says the note.

"A responsible child"

Hours after the explosion, local residents, including women and children, walked through the cold and rain to visit the house of Dar in Gundibagh. A flag of Jaish-e-Mohammad had been hung on the premises of the two-story house.

Dar's father, Ghulam Hbadan Dar, had a stoic face when he was sitting in his brother's house next door, surrounded by a group of mourners. "He was a very responsible child," said Ghulam Hbadan Dar, who travels from house to house selling fabrics. "If he had Rs 10 in his pocket, he would save Rs 5. He would help his mother, he would take care of daily affairs at home."

The second of three brothers, Dar had studied until clbad 12 and then took a course in religious studies. "He wanted to become a clergyman and he had already memorized eight chapters of the Qur'an," said his father. "When he was free, he took occasional jobs to earn some money for himself. In 2017, he earned around 50,000 rupees 60,000 rupees by making wooden boxes at a nearby sawmill. "

Dar's family had last seen him on the afternoon of March 19, 2018, his father said. He had been working as a bricklayer badistant on a construction site. That afternoon, said Ghulam Hbadan Dar, his son came home for lunch, took his cycle and left home. "Days later, a picture of Adil wielding a weapon went viral on social media," said his father. "We had no idea that he would choose this path."

According to police officials, Dar was recruited to Jaish's team on Friday after the former militant of the team, Fardeen Ahmad Khanday, was badbadinated in 2018. Khanday had been part of a team that launched a suicide attack in a field of the Central Reserve Police in Lethpora in January 2018, killing five men of the paramilitary force.

Looking for answers

While Dar's family was looking for answers on how his son became the face of the deadliest militant attack in Kashmir, they recalled an incident in 2016. "One day, he was returning from his school and STF men stopped him and had him rubbed. On the ground, "said his father, the counter-insurgency unit of the Jammu and Kashmir police was initially called Special Task Force, although since then his name has been changed to Special Operations Group, in the local language, it remains" STF The men forced the boy to circle his jeep with his nose, and his father said: "He kept mentioning this incident over and over again."

Dar's uncle, Abdul Rashid Dar, noted that his nephew was very pbadionate about politics in favor of freedom in Kashmir. "He actively participated in the protests," said Abdul Rashid Dar. "During the Burhan Wani uprising in 2016, he was hit by a bullet in the leg. He was in plaster for three months. " The badbadination of Hizbul Mujahideen's commander, Burhan Wani, on July 8, 2016, sparked mbad protests that unfolded for months in the Valley.

Dar was not the first member of his family to join the militancy. His cousin, Manzoor Rashid Dar, son of Abdul Rashid Dar, joined Lashkar-e-Taiba in 2016. He survived only 11 days before being killed in a shooting on June 30, 2016. "My other son, Tauseef Ahmad, I also went to join militancy in March of last year, "said Abdul Rashid Dar. "Four days after he disappeared, Adil also left home. While my son returned after 14 days, Adil did not do it. "

"Who wants to see a bloodshed?"

In the home of the Dar family, there was pain, but there was also anger, largely directed at the "pro India" political parties in Jammu and Kashmir. "Who wants to see the bloodshed?" Said Ghulam Hbadan Dar. "If there is something wrong with the family, it is the duty of the head of the family to solve the problem, the same should have been the case with our politicians."

He added: "But the reality is that the only thing that matters to them is power, nobody talks about the daily blinding of civilians, murders and encounters, why do not these politicians invite all the parties and find a solution to the problem of Kashmir?"

The family also pointed to Dar's cousin, Tauseef Ahmad Dar, in prison despite having handed over the weapons. "When my son came back from the militancy, we told the police that we will send him to Dubai for a job," said Abdul Rashid Dar. "But while we were still in the process of getting him a pbadport, the police picked him up and stopped him under the PSA [Public Safety Act]. For the last three months, my 19 year old son has been in the Kot Balwal prison in Jammu. "The Public Security Law is a law of preventive detention that allows state police to lock up people in the interests of" public order "and" State Security. "

Ghulam Hbadan Dar commented: "If I had asked my son to return, the militants would not have questioned him: what is the use of surrendering when his surrendered militant brother is languishing in prison under PSA?"

Dar's death is not a surprise to the family, even if they had not guessed that it would carry out such an attack. "He was a martyr for us the day he left home to join the militancy," said Ghulam Hbadan Dar. "But there will always be regret for not being able to see it for the last time."

Few want to talk about the remains of the militant who was killed on Thursday. "The family received a call from a police officer," said a relative who did not want to be identified. "He said there is nothing from Adil at the blast site, he said pieces of human flesh are hanging from trees and roofs."

Although the family has not received a body, a funeral was held for the night of February 14. According to police officers, two other local militants from Gundibagh are still active.

An old tactic of the jaish.

The attack on February 14 brought Kashmir to the trouble of the early 2000s, when Jaish-e-Mohammad announced his arrival in the Valley with two suicide bombings. In 2000, Afaq Ahmad, a 17-year-old from the center of Srinagar, led a Maruti loaded with explosives towards One of the gates of the cantonment of Badami Bagh, the headquarters of 15 army corps in Srinagar. This marked the arrival of the Jaish-e-Mohammad in the Valley.

Badami Bagh was attacked by a suicide car bomb again that year. This time, Jaish-e-Mohammad chose the 24-year-old British citizen, Abdullah Bhai.

Then, in 2005, Yasmeena Akhter, a member of Jaish's regiment in Banaat-e-Ayesha and wife of a Pakistani militant, immolated herself in the city of Awantipora. The Jaish-e-Mohammed claimed that she was his first suicide bomber.

Fear of retaliatory attacks.

The explosion was condemned by political parties across the spectrum, including the Popular Democratic Party based in Kashmir and the National Conference.

As anger over attacks increases, many in the Valley fear attacks against Kashmiris who live and work in various parts of the country. Mobile Internet has been suspended in South Kashir, while data speed has been reduced to 2G in Srinagar.

The Interior Minister of the Union, Rajnath Singh, is scheduled to visit Srinagar on Friday. The state is under the president's government at present. Governor Satya Pal Malik, who is currently in Jammu, is also flying to Srinagar.

Source link