LINCOLN, Neb. (KOLN) — Scoring abstract:
14:47, Q1: D. Brown kick for 65 yds,R. Smith return for 100 yds for a TD. 7-Zero Minnesota.
Eight:57, Q1: M. Wilbon run for 1 yd for a TD. 7-7 tie.
Three:08, Q1: D. Croft run for Three yds for a TD. 14-7 Minnesota.
11:42, Q2: D. Croft run for 73 yds for a TD. 20-7 Minnesota.
6:40, Q2: Okay. McCrary run for 11 yds for a TD. 27-7 Minnesota.
2:50, Q2: T. Lee cross,to T. Hoppes for 14 yds for a TD. 27-14 Minnesota.
Zero:04, Q2: E. Carpenter 36 yd FG GOOD. 30-14 Minnesota.
5:06, Q3: Okay. McCrary run for 9 yds for a TD. 37-14 Minnesota.
1:13, Q3: E. Carpenter 30 yd FG GOOD. 40-14 Minnesota.
10:17, This autumn: D. Ozigbo run for 1 yd for a TD. 40-21 Minnesota.
7:05, This autumn: D. Croft run for 1 yd for a TD. 47-21 Minnesota.
Three:21, This autumn: Okay. McCrary run for 43 yds for a TD. 54-21 Minnesota.
GAME 10: NEBRASKA at MINNESOTA
NOV. Four, 2017 | TCF Bank Stadium
MINNEAPOLIS, MINN. | 11 a.m. (CT)
TV – FS1
RADIO – Husker Sports Network
SATELLITE RADIO – Sirius Channel 134, XM 196
INTERNET RADIO – Huskers.com
Record: Four-5, Three-Three Big Ten
Last Game: misplaced to Northwestern, 31-24 (OT)
Coach: Mike Riley
Career/NU Record: 112-96 (17th Year)/19-16 (third Year)
vs. Minnesota: 2-Zero
Record: Four-5, 1-Four Big Ten
Last Game: misplaced to Michigan, 33-10
Coach: P.J. Fleck
Career/MN Record: 34-27 (fifth Year)/Four-5 (1st Year)
vs. Nebraska: first badembly
Nebraska heads to Minnesota for the primary of two consecutive November highway video games. The Huskers will tackle the Golden Gophers on Saturday at Minnesota’s TCF Bank Stadium. Kickoff is about for shortly after 11 a.m. CT, with nationwide tv protection on FS1. The recreation can be heard on the IMG Husker Sports Network.
Saturday’s recreation is a key contest for the bowl hopes of each Nebraska and Minnesota, who each enter the sport with a Four-5 document with three video games to play. The Huskers and Gophers each want a pair of victories within the ultimate three weeks to safe a postseason berth.
Nebraska’s path to a bowl recreation obtained just a little harder following a 31-24 extra time loss to Northwestern on Saturday in Lincoln. The Huskers took a landing lead into the ultimate quarter, however the Wildcats rallied to power their third sraight extra time and prevailed within the further session.
Minnesota enters the sport with a Four-5 document and a 1-5 mark in Big Ten Conference play, following a 33-10 loss at Michigan on Saturday. The Gophers opened the yr with a Three-Zero non-conference document, earlier than discovering the going more durable in convention motion, and posting a 1-5 document in Big Ten motion.
Minnesota is led by first-year head coach P.J. Fleck, who guided Western Michigan to an unbeaten common season in 2016. The Gophers have a powerful protection, rating fifth within the Big Ten, together with second within the convention in cross protection.
Nebraska Football Top 10
• Nebraska is 893-377-40 all-time, considered one of solely 10 faculties with 800 wins.
• The Cornhuskers rank fourth all-time with their 893 victories.
• Nebraska has received 5 nationwide titles (1970, 1971, 1994, 1995, 1997).
• The Huskers have received 46 convention championships.
• Nebraska’s 53 all-time bowl appearances rank second in NCAA historical past.
• Three Huskers have received the Heisman Trophy (Rodgers, Rozier, Crouch).
• Nebraska’s 107 soccer Academic All-Americans lead the nation.
• The Huskers have 110 first-team All-Americans at school historical past.
• Nebraska soccer is the one group in any sport in NCAA historical past to complete 100 athletic and tutorial All-Americans.
• Memorial Stadium has been offered out each recreation since Nov. 2, 1962, a streak of 360 consecutive sellouts.
• Nebraska holds a Four-2 edge within the sequence since becoming a member of the Big Ten Conference in 2012.
• Before becoming a member of the Big Ten in 2011, Minnesota was Nebraska’s most frequent opponent amongst convention faculties. The groups met 51 occasions earlier than the Huskers joined the Big Ten, together with 19 straight seasons from 1934 to 1952, and eight straight years from 1967 to 1974.
• Minnesota’s victory in 2013 ended a 16-game Nebraska win streak within the sequence, a streak that spanned from 1963 to 2012. Nebraska posted 5 shutouts throughout that win streak.
• Minnesota owned a 29-6-2 document within the first 37 video games within the sequence, whereas Nebraska holds an 18-2 edge since that point.
• Nebraska scored 84 factors in a 1983 win at Minnesota, its highest level complete within the post-World War II period.
Moos Named Nebraska Athletic Director
Bill Moos, a distinguished chief in collegiate athletics who elevated applications on the Oregon and Washington State to nationwide prominence, was named Nebraska’s athletic director on Sunday, Oct. 15.
Moos, who had been director of athletics at Washington State since 2010, started his tenure in Lincoln on Monday, Oct. 23.
In his seven years at Washington State, Moos secured a 10-year, $35 million advertising rights settlement with IMG College and led a $130 million addition and rework of WSU’s soccer stadium. He was in a number one place in securing the convention’s 12-year, $Three billion tv contract with Fox and ESPN. In Moos’ time in Pullman, the Cougar Athletic Fund’s Annual Giving program has seen an 81 % improve in presents. From 2010-16, Cougar student-athletes and coaches earned 805 tutorial all-conference honors, 130 all-conference picks, 45 All-America accolades and three Pac-12 coach-of-the-year honors.
Moos led Oregon’s athletics from 1995-2007, throughout which era the athletic division grew to nationwide prominence – its annual finances rose from $18.5 million in his first yr to greater than $40 million by 2007 and have become self-sufficient. In Moos’ Oregon tenure, the Ducks received 13 Pac-10 championships in six completely different sports activities; and UO student-athletes earned 722 tutorial all-conference picks, 34 Academic All-America picks, 9 NCAA publish Graduate Scholars and one NCAA Top VIII Award.
Moos got here to Oregon after 5 years because the University of Montana’s director of athletics. He started his profession in 1982 as badistant athletic director at Washington State and in addition was the varsity’s affiliate director. He was director of growth for greater than 5 years and affiliate director for practically two, supervising all exterior operations. For eight years previous to that, he managed and owned personal companies in Washington and Oregon.
Raised on a wheat and cattle ranch in jap Washington, Moos went to highschool in Olympia when his father was within the governor’s cupboard. He earned a bachelor’s diploma in historical past in Pullman and was a three-year letterman in soccer. He co-captained Washington State’s 1972 group and was first-team All-Pac-Eight. He and his spouse Kendra have three daughters, Christa, Brittany and Kaiti; and two sons, Bo and Benjamin
Riley in Third Season at Helm of Husker Program
Head Coach Mike Riley is in his third season because the Nebraska head coach in 2017. Riley has guided the Huskers to an 19-16 document.
• Riley is in his 26th season as a head coach, tying for the second-most expertise of any FBS head coach getting into the 2017 season.
• Riley is considered one of eight lively FBS head coaches who additionally has expertise as an NFL head coach.
• Riley owns 16 victories over nationally ranked opponents throughout his faculty head teaching tenure.
Senior Linebacker Weber Named NFF Scholar-Athlete
Nebraska linebacker Chris Weber joined an elite group of scholar-athletes on Nov. 1, because the senior was considered one of 13 finalists by the National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame for the 2017 William V. Campbell Trophy, introduced by Fidelity Investments®.
As a finalist, Weber will obtain an $18,000 postgraduate scholarship as a member of the NFF National Scholar-Athlete Clbad, and can journey to New York City in December for the 60th annual NFF Awards Dinner on Dec. 5.
Weber is Nebraska’s first Campbell Trophy finalist since Spencer Long in 2013, and the 23rd Husker soccer participant to obtain this prestigious honor for achievement on the taking part in area and within the clbadroom. Weber appears to turn into NU’s third Campbell Trophy winner, becoming a member of Kyle Vanden Bosch (2000) and Rob Zatechka (1994).
Weber has began all 9 video games and leads the Huskers in tackles (77), tackles for loss (7) and cross breakups (5). He has 4 video games of not less than 10 tackles. In the clbadroom, Weber carries a Three.96 GPA and has already been accepted to medical college at UNMC. He is a two-time CoSIDA Academic All-District VII choice (and was nominated for Academic All-America honors in 2017) and a three-time Distinguished Big Ten Scholar.
Veterans Leading Young 2017 Husker Team
The 2017 model of Nebraska soccer is without doubt one of the youngest groups within the Big Ten Conference. Coupled with that youth, Nebraska does characteristic a number of gamers with in depth beginning expertise. Nine gamers have not less than 20 profession begins at Nebraska, led by place-kicker Drew Brown.
Overall, Nebraska has 20 gamers with not less than 10 collegiate begins, together with quarterback Tanner Lee, who made 19 begins at Tulane and has began every recreation in 2017 with the Huskers.
Numerous Huskers Make First Career Starts in 2017
Due to accidents and youth, Nebraska has had numerous gamers make their first profession begins in 2017. Most lately, Nebraska noticed redshirt freshman security Marquel Dismuke make his first begin at security in opposition to Northwestern. He was the fourth participant to begin at security this season.
The begin by Dismuke introduced Nebraska’s first-time starters complete in 2017 to 19 gamers.
First-Time Starters in 2017
• Luke Gifford, LB (7)
• Tyler Hoppes, TE (Eight)
• Connor Ketter, TE (Eight)
• Eric Lee Jr., CB (6)
• Brenden Jaimes, Fr., OT (6)
• Michael Decker, So., C (5)
• Mikale Wilbon, Jr., IB (Four)
• JD Spielman, RFr., WR (Three)
• Sedrick King, Jr., LB (Three)
• Tre Bryant, IB (2)
• Matt Farniok, RFr., OT (Three)
• Gabe Rahn, Sr., WR (1)
• Ben Stille, RFr., LB (1)
• Dicaprio Bootle, RFr., DB (1)
• Conor Young, So., WR (1)
• Mohamed Barry, So., LB (1)
• Alex Davis, So., LB (2)
• Tyjon Lindsey, Fr., WR (1)
• Marquel Dismuke, RFr., S (1)
Jaimes Joins Rare Club for NU Offensive Linemen
True freshman Brenden Jaimes has lined up because the starter at proper deal with the previous six video games. Jaimes initially began at proper deal with the place senior David Knevel and redshirt freshman Matt Farniok have been out with damage, however has continued to carry the No. 1 spot after these two have returned.
A local of Austin, Texas, Jaimes’ six begins are essentially the most ever for a Nebraska true freshman offensive lineman.
Jaimes is simply the fifth true freshman offensive lineman to begin a recreation at NU since 1972, and the primary since 2011. He can also be simply the 11th offensive lineman to play at Nebraska as a real freshman.
True Freshman OL Starters in Nebraska History (Since 1972)
• Matt Slauson, OG (Three video games, 2005)
• Jacob Hickman, C (1 recreation, 2006)
• Javorio Burkes, OT (Three video games, 2007)
• Tyler Moore, OT (Four video games, 2011)
• Brenden Jaimes, OT (6 video games, 2017)
Injuries Bug Plauges 2017 Huskers
Nebraska continues to battle by way of an injury-riddled 2017 season. The damage hits began in the summertime when All-America candidate cornerback Chris Jones was sidelined with a knee damage. Jones returned in opposition to Wisconsin in a part-time position at cornerback, and was again within the beginning lineup the previous three video games.
Nebraska operating again starter Tre Bryant went down with a knee damage after two video games and has missed the following 5 video games, earlier than present process season-ending knee surgical procedure in late October.
Nebraska has been with out a number of starters or key reserves for a number of weeks. Linemen Tanner Farmer and Michael Decker have been misplaced for an prolonged time frame at Purdue, and linebacker Luke Gifford and safeties Aaron Williams and Antonio Reed have missed the previous two video games.
• Through 9 video games, Nebraska has misplaced 32 video games by projected starters to damage.
NU Features Triple Threat of Wideouts in Pbading Attack
Nebraska started the season with the luxurious of two veteran and confirmed cross catchers to guide the receiving corps. Senior De’Mornay Pierson-El and junior Stanley Morgan Jr. each had in depth taking part in expertise getting into 2017.
That duo has had a powerful 2017 season, and continues to climb Nebraska season and profession charts. Redshirt freshman JD Spielman has emerged to present Nebraska three harmful receiving choices.
Morgan has 43 receptions for 690 yards and 7 touchdowns, regardless of lacking a recreation. Morgan ranks among the many convention leaders in all receiving clbades and capped the Purdue contest with a game-winning landing with 14 seconds remaining.
Spielman produced a Nebraska document 200-yard receiving day on 11 catches in opposition to Ohio State. He has 40 receptions for 593 yards, and is threatening Husker freshman receiving data. Pierson-El has caught 35 pbades for 467 yards and 4 touchdowns.
• Morgan ranks second within the Big Ten in receiving yards (690), receiving yards per recreation (86.Three ypg), and receiving touchdowns (7) and he’s first in 100-yard receiving video games (Four).
• The 690 receiving yards by Morgan is simply 90 yards from the NU season prime 10 and is 252 yards from the Husker single-season document. His 43 catches are seven shy of the varsity season prime 10 listing.