Signal, such as WhatsApp, is a chat app that lets you message and call friends and family using end-to-end encryption, meaning your messages are more protected and easier read by the signal itself Can not go It supports group messages and other fun features you can already use in chat apps, such as GIFs, videos, and pictures. It also has encrypted group video calls, although support is currently limited to five people. It is completely free and you can use it on iPhones, Android phones, Macs, Windows PCs and Linux.
Signal is not some big tech company to make money from your knowledge. It is a registered non-profit and relies on donations to operate it. The free app does not collect your personal information and does not contain any advertisements.
Here’s how to use it.
How to use the signal
The Signal Messenger app is featured on a smartphone in Hong Kong, China.
Roy Liu | Bloomberg Getty Images
- Download Signal for iPhone or Android.
- Please enter in your phone number. This is so that the signal can send you a text message and verify that you are using the app.
- Enter in the code received via text message.
- Tap “Register without transfer”. If you’ve used Signal before, you can choose “Transfer from iOS Device” to download your old conversations, but for this guide, we’re assuming that you haven’t used Signal yet.
- Now you are on the signal home screen.
- Tap the pencil icon in the top-right to create a message.
- You can start messaging people who are already using the signal. But if you do not yet have an app in your contacts, then you may need to tap on “Invite Friends to Signal”. This will allow you to create an email message or text message to friends and family with a link to download the app.
- Once they join, you can start a chat using the same pencil icon, or create a group, like you do in WhatsApp. You may also have seen links to send audio receipts, stickers, photos and more.
enough! Now you are up and running on the signal. If you want to use it instead of WhatsApp, you can delete your WhatsApp chat by tapping “Edit” in the top-left of the chat page. Select your messages and then tap “Delete”. A copy of your messages may remain for other users who have participated in the chat until they delete the chat.