Now you can pay for parking and bus fare at google maps. In some regions, the new tools may even replace the digital transit fee and parking apps that your city already uses, meaning you can now plan, travel, and pay for everything on Google Maps.
Parking payments in the Google Maps app are rolling out for Android users now and will be coming to iOS in the near future. At launch, more than 400 US cities accept Google Pay parking payments, including Boston, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, and Washington DC.
When it comes to buying bus and train tickets, Google says that more than 80 public transport agencies around the world will start accepting fares on Google Maps in the coming weeks.
How to pay for parking on Google Maps
- Use Google Maps to navigate to your destination.
- TO “Pay for parking” The button will appear when you approach the end of your journey. Find a parking spot and then tap the button to start the checkout process.
- Enter your parking meter number and how long you are paying.
- Faucet “Pay” to complete the transaction with Google Pay.
How to buy a public transport fare on Google Maps
- Plan your trip on Google Maps using the Public Transport option.
- If you can pay on Google Maps, you will see a Google Pay icon next to a route. Select the route, then touch “Pay.”
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the payment.
- Depending on where you live and the mode of transportation, you will pay your fare in the app and receive a digital ticket to show drivers and traffic officers, tap your phone at a fare booth to pay, or add funds to digital cards in cities like San Francisco.
Now that you can pay for parking and bus tickets on Google Maps, it seems like it’s fast becoming the all-in-one public transportation service. The app can also give you estimates of the capacity of each train or bus is and has various features that can help you navigate to new locations safely.