It’s easy to take Spotify for granted, until slow streaming speeds or a lack of internet connection prevent you from listening to some songs. or catch up on your favorite podcast. Fortunately, Spotify now It allows you to download music and podcasts to your smartphone or computer so you can keep listening even when you’re offline. The option it is useful if you go to a long journey through areas with irregular mobile service. Listening to downloaded content instead of streaming it from Spotify’s servers also helps reduce monthly data usage.
You can download content in the Spotify apps for Android, iOS, Mac, and Windows, or from the Spotify web player, but the download privileges differ between account types:
- Spotify Premium users can download full playlists and podcast episodes.
- Free users can download podcasts.
Unfortunately, Spotify does not allow you to download entire files albums or even specifics tracks; andYou will first need to save the songs you want to download to a playlist. That said, andYou can download as many playlists and podcasts as your device’s storage allows.
Downloaded content stay in your Spotify library offline for as long as you want, but you will need to connect to the Spotify server at least once every 30 days to check your account status. If you don’t, your access to downloaded songs will expire.
How to download audio content from Spotify
On the desktop (Mac, Windows, web)
- Open the Spotify desktop app, or go to open.spotify.com.
- Log in and make sure your device is connected to the internet.
- To download music: Open a playlist and change the “Download” button on.s
- To download a podcast: Click the down arrow button next to the episode name.
- Wait for the downloads to complete. The downloaded content is saved to your library and will display a green arrow.
If you still don’t see the download option in your desktop app, make sure you’re running the most up-to-date version of the app that you can get. And then wait; at the time of writing this, Spotify is still rolling out the characteristic.
Mobile (Android, iOS)
- Open the Spotify app and make sure you are connected to Wi-Fi or mobile data (Note: Dthe load itself through the mobile will affect the data limits.)
- Open a playlist or podcast that you want to download.
- On Android: Tap on the “Download” change.
- On iOS: Touch the down arrow icon.
- Downloaded songs and podcasts will show a green check mark. You can access all content offline from the “Your library” tab.