In a letter to House of Cards members of the cast and crew, Media Rights Capital announced that it is extending the production bracket in the sixth season of the Netflix series.
In recent weeks, MRC and Netflix suspended the production of political drama amid accusations of badual misconduct against star producer and executive Kevin Spacey, and launched an investigation into allegations of abuse on the set. The letter of November 26 extends the previously announced break in two weeks, promising a new update on December 8; the investigation is ongoing.
Netflix has already announced plans to leave Spacey for season 6 of the high-profile series; it is likely to be removed from the program. The transmission company declined to comment on the length of the hiatus.
The letter from MRC, signed by Pauline Micelli, vice president of television and legal affairs, expressed appreciation for the entire cast and crew and said the crew will be paid for the additional two-week hiatus. Writers and a contingency of office staff remain in the production office continuously, and the letter conveyed the hope that all crew members would return when production resumes.
"These last two months have tried and tested all of us in ways that none of us could have foreseen," the letter said. "The only thing we have learned throughout this process is that this production is bigger than a single person and we could not be more proud to be badociated with one of the most loyal and talented members and production teams in this business."  Read the complete MRC letter below: