As search to improve Horizon Zero Dawn Continuing on PC, the guerrillas have dropped their third major patch since the August 7 launch.
This is yet another long patch with some provisos: bug fixes as well as the development team’s implication that it has more work to do. Currently known major issues are still very much on their radar (most notably typical GPU / hardware optimization problems), and some crash fixes have already been implemented as of today.
Two major GPU bugs (a resource leak and a hang) should shore up the game’s general instability, as well as at least four crashes that would set off specific instances. The DLC area is also a bit smoother (snow particles were giving players trouble in the past), as is the handling of 4K scaling (no need to go back to the menu to swap this back every time after booting) .
More work has to be done, but a lot of work is already done. You can find iterations of 1.01 and 1.02 on the preceding link.
Horizon Zero Dawn 1.03 [Reddit]
Horizon Zero Dawn PC Patch 1.03
- Some players are facing a memory error during the game optimization process.
- Some players are experiencing issues with graphical settings, such as anisotropic filtering or HDR not working correctly.
- Some players are experiencing performance issues on a specific GPU or hardware combination.
- A GPU resource leak that can build up over time and cause instability.
- Fixed GPU hangs due to which asynchronous compute can crash when used.
- The crash will be detected when someone tries to aim in an invalid position.
- Accidents are determined by calculating the sound barrier in areas with extreme accidents.
- Fixes a crash that occurs when the game is moved to a monitor with different DPI settings while in the menu.
- Fixed an issue where some players would crash on startup due to incorrect memory allocation.
- Fixed is a GPU hang that occurs when the window is too small in size.
- Fixed a progress issue where some players would remain as a child and not transition to adult AOL.
- Fixed an issue where ice deformation in the Frozen Wilds area was not working correctly.
- Fixed an issue where concentration skills might stop working.
- 4K scaling – Fixed an issue where the game would not render properly at boot at 4K.
- Frame Rate Limiter – Improved frame rate limiter functionality to be more accurate.
- Localization – Localized specific error message.
- Windows Version Check – The game checks whether Windows 10 build 1809 or above is used (lower version causes instability in DirectX 12).
- Minimum Device Warning – Improved minimum warning messages and options.
- Saving Alert Warning – Clear documents that are displayed when you do not have access to the My Documents folder or sufficient disk space.
- Player Profile Verification – Player profiles are now valid and corrupt profiles (due to manual editing or tweak tools) have been rejected.
You are logged out. Login Sign up