Historic mansions, factories and headquarters of the Detroit auto industry in the past



Ford Mack Avenue plant

The Ford Motor Company factory, 1904. 8×10 black and white photograph of the first Ford Motor Company factory located in Mack and Beaufait, in the image with the inscription "The first Ford Motor Company factory on Mack Avenue, Detroit ", also includes painted clouds. (Detroit Public Library, The Making of Modern Michigan)

Ford Mack Avenue plant

The first Ford Motor Company factory, represented here in 1904, was located at Mack Avenue and Beaufait Street in Detroit.

Ford built the Como model in the old rented car factory, before building a new nearby building on Piquette Avenue in 1905, according to The Henry Ford, a museum and educational campus in Dearborn.

A replica of the factory, built in 1945, is preserved in Greenfield Village, an open-air museum that is part of The Henry Ford.

Ford Pickax Plant

Tanya Moutzalias | [email protected]

Ford Pickax Plant

Henry Ford's peg plant was built in 1904. It was here that Ford developed and produced the first 12,000 Ts models.

Ford moved its operations to Highland Park in 1910, selling the Piquette building to Studebaker.

The birthplace of Model T is now a museum, open for visitors. More information can be found at fordpiquetteplant.org.

House of Henry Ford

Tanya Moutzalias | [email protected]

House of Henry Ford

"Henry and Clara Ford lived here from 1908-1915," read the marker from the Michigan Historic Site outside the house at 140 Edison St. in the famous Boston-Edison neighborhood of Detroit.

Tanya Moutzalias | [email protected]

Ford created his methods of mbad production and his price and wage theories while living in the home.


Source link