- Target is closing 12 shops in 9 states.
- The shops are set to shut in February.
- More than 6,300 retailer closures have been introduced up to now this yr.
Target plans to shut 12 shops, even because the retailer doubles down on the brick-and-mortar buying expertise.
The shops are set to shutter on February three, the Star Tribune reported. A spokeswoman advised the information outlet that the 12 Target places throughout the US skilled “several years of decreasing profitability.”
Target has opened 32 shops this yr and plans to open 35 new places in 2018, the Star Tribune reported. It’s additionally investing closely in revamping the design of its shops, with plans to refurbish 1,00zero of its 1,8000 shops by 2020.
In the US, greater than 6,300 retailer closures have been introduced up to now this yr, together with 1,430 RadioShacks and greater than 800 Payless shops.
Here’s the record of places the place Target shops will shut:
- Hastings, Minnesota
- Fergus Falls, Minnesota
- Harper Woods, Michigan (on the Eastland Center)
- Hutchinson, Kansas
- Benton Harbor, Michigan
- Slidell, Louisiana
- Lauderhill, Florida
- Matteson, Illinois
- Romeoville, Illinois
- Baltimore, Maryland (within the Mondawmin Mall)
- Macon, Georgia
- San Antonio, Texas (Far East location)