Sure, Mary Tyler Moore changed the world with her smile – but her scene-stealing co-star, the legendary Betty White, is the one who stole our hearts for the long haul.
Born in Illinois, the Cali-born teenager entered showbiz in 1939, three months after graduating from Beverly Hills High, when she was on an “experimental” TV show, she said in a television academy interview.
Ever since – leading work in the 1950s (she was the first woman to produce a sitcom!) Saw her as the nymphomaniacal Sue Ann Nivens as the nymph on the “Mary Tyler Moore Show” in the ’70s. Golden Girls ”- Daughter has always been a definite condition.
We know the truth – but it does that Realize that he is a legitimate pop culture icon?
“My answer is – of course, I’m the center of the storm !,” White once told the Post with Chakli. “It’s just a joke. I’m just grateful to be working, and that’s at the beginning. When you start out, you’re so grateful to have a job … and you’ve been feeling that throughout your career Let’s play. At least I have. “
Now, given that on January 17, to commemorate the daughter’s 99th birthday, we decided to throw her into a socially distant party. In honor of this momentous occasion, we are taking a look at some of the best bone mats from this unsurpassed vodka lover for over 80 years in entertainment.
First, see White’s never-before-heard description of his first professional acting gig: a TV production of “Meera Widow” – for which he was paid Rs 37 in 1939.
“When we started in television, there was that magic box in the corner of the room, and, ‘Oh, my gosh – what’s it doing !,'” she said.
However, White was not able to make his leading-lady sitcom debut until about a dozen years later, for the groundbreaking-for-time “Life with Elizabeth”, which ran from 1952 to 1955 for 65 episodes.
“It wasn’t competitive getting back on the air in those days … They were hungry for programming,” she told the Post in 2018. “I think I was doing something else, so I’m not sure if [the show] Could continue, but it was a wonderful move. “
When asked about technological advances since the beginning of the Owl Tube era, White told the Post: “When you’re in the middle of it, you don’t see it standing in front, you’re living through it. So even though I’ve seen it all, it was all happening because I was working, so nothing came out. We adjusted it and got on with it. “
Betty’s Best Bites Selection on Various Topics
On aging and retiring
- “Retirement is not in my vocabulary. They are not getting rid of me like this.
- Surviving amidst the COVID-19 epidemic: “I am incredibly blessed with good health.” Also, White’s representative assured the public, “None [is] Allowed in [her home] Except those who “should be,” those who help him are “great.” The rep said, “The virus scares Betty!”
- “The bottom line is … I don’t go around thinking, ‘Oh I’m 90 years old, I can do this better or I’ll do better.’ I’m just a daughter. I’m the same Betty I’ve always been. Take it or leave it. “
- Her secret to a long, happy and healthy life is the aforementioned vodka – and Hot Dog, “maybe in that order.”
- Finally, “don’t take yourself too seriously,” he advised a few days before his big B-day. “You can lie to others – not that I – but you can’t lie to yourself … turning 99 is no different than turning 98.”
He loves animals
- “Animals do not lie. Animals do not criticize. If animals have moody days, they handle them better than humans. “
- “I am not in animal rights – I am only in animal welfare and health. I am with the Morris Animal Foundation since the 70s. We are a health organization. We finance health study campaigns for dogs, cats, lizards and wildlife. I have worked with La Ju for about the same time. “
- “I don’t care who someone sleeps with. If a couple has been with everyone at the time – and have homosexual relationships that are more solid than some heterosexual people – I think it’s fine if they want to get married. I don’t know how people can get so much adversary.
- He said, “I just make it my business to connect with people so that I can have fun.” It’s so easy. “
- “Well, I mean, if there’s a joke or a humor bawdy, it’s jokingly got to warrant it. You can’t just bawdy or muddy it for it to happen – it’s fun.
- “The animal lover that I am, a cougar I am not.”
- “He was flipping through the channels the other night and came across something,” he told the Post. “I don’t know what show it was, but they had a TV in the scene and I was on that TV! I’m only grateful that people worked with me for so long.”
- “I’m the luckiest on two legs, I’ll tell you. They say they don’t get any good share once they cross the age of 40, so I’m blessed.
- “I cannot stand people who make a wonderful start in the show business and who misuse it. For example, Lindsay Lohan and Charlie Sheen, although there are many, also. They are the most blessed people in the world, and they do not appreciate it. “
- “I have no regrets. No one. “