Publisher Merge Games and developer Italian Games Factory have announced Haunted space, a sci-fi horror game for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series and PC (Steam). No release date was announced.
Here’s an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Experience the next generation of space combat in Haunted space. Sci-fi meets horror elements in a story-packed adventure based on exploration, fast-paced dogfighting, trading, and ship building, with customizable flight simulation and intense multi-stage boss battles.
In the distant future, the second age of human civilization reached the distant Neterun galaxy and discovered a powerful energy called Sonic Matter. Millions of settlers came to the Neterun systems and a large factory called the Metal Mother Facility was built to harvest this valuable resource. But humanity soon discovered that they were not alone …
Assume the role of a Raider, in the service of the Human Empire, as you traverse a treacherous galaxy in the far reaches of space. Take on missions across various systems or go off on your own to fight, explore, and collect resources and credits. Trade, craft, customize your ship and fight for survival as you uncover the mystery of a galaxy haunted by an ancient civilization.
- Explore the Neterun galaxy – Traverse multiple unique star systems, each fraught with danger and intrigue. Play in first or third person as you overcome the challenges of this dangerous haven of space.
- Experience a deep and epic sci-fi horror story – Neterun is full of monuments and relics left by an ancient civilization and the galaxy is haunted by its ghosts. Unravel the reasons for their presence and fight to survive against their supernatural threat in a story inspired by the dark and twisted stories of Heavy Metal and 2000AD.
- Face the fearsome colossi – Beat the odds in fierce multi-stage boss battles against ancient divine creatures made up of organic matter and space debris.
- Make your mark – Trade and craft new ships and ship equipment with powerful and customizable ship mod tools – Create and purchase new weapons, shields, cargo containers, engines, and more. Stunning ray tracing effects and immersive audio put you in the heart of the action like never before.
- Play your way – In Haunted space, the innovative co-pilot system lets you choose the level of control you prefer, from a full space simulation to a more arcade-style experience. At its maximum level, the co-pilot makes the game accessible to blind and visually impaired users, and also supports eye tracking.
Check out the ad trailer below. See the first screenshots in the gallery. Visit the official website here.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No comments from the car, including trolling, bait, or shit posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you don’t care about a topic, you don’t need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, deceptive or defamatory content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- Do not beg at the port.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW content (not just nude). For example:
Woe to Leomon!Indicate the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful of other commenters. They do not need to agree, but to debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, don’t continue the conversation, just report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comment without prior notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.