A 9-year-old girl unconsciously ate and gave other classmates candy with THC, school officials said.
>> Read more news about trends
The girl brought the candies to school last Thursday and said she could not see; Another girl ate them and began to feel dizzy, the Dean of the Albuquerque School of Excellence, Dean of Students at Kristy Del Curto Elementary School told KRQE.
"We noticed that the student who initially brought the food to our school was acting strangely, and she started saying that she could not see," said Del Curto.
Three students shared a rubbery one and the student who delivered it had three or four pieces, said Del Curto.
The paramedics were called and monitored the students, who finally recovered.
The student who brought them to school did not know they were medicinal gummies with THC, Del Curto said.
"As marijuana becomes legal in every state, it will become an increasingly important problem, believe," said Del Curto.