The Portuguese Football Federation announced on Tuesday that football star Cristiano Ronaldo tested positive for coronavirus.
Ronaldo, 35, was tested on international duty with the Portugesi national team.
“Cristiano Ronaldo was relieved of national team work after a positive test for COVID-19,” the federation said in a statement.
The federation said that the remaining players of the Portugal team have been tested and none of the other players were found infected as the team is scheduled to play Sweden on Wednesday.
Following a stunning score against France on Sunday, Juventus posted a photo on social media with their teammates saying, “United on and off the field.”
This year, Ronaldo became the first footballer to reach $ 1 billion in career earnings, and is only the third active athlete to break through that barrier, according to NBC Sports, citing Forbes.
In a match with Sweden last month, the Portuguese native scored his 100th international goal, becoming only the second man in history to reach that position.
In 2009, he left Manchester United after a 6-year stint for Real Madrid, where he later became the Spanish team’s all-time goal scorer.
Currently, Ronaldo is two years into a four-year contract with Italian Juventus, and he captains the Portugal national team.
This is a developing story; Check back for updates.