Florida man charged with corpse found near a 3-foot sword


by: Pat Beall, Palm Beach Post

LAKE WORTH, Fla. – A Lake Worth man once declared incompetent to be tried on charges of carrying a knife in a children's play area was arrested on Saturday afternoon in connection with the death of an unidentified person

>> Read more news

The bloodied body was found near the railroad tracks next to a 3 foot sword.

George Christopher Livingston, 51, is charged with second-degree murder. He is held without bail pending a full hearing to determine if he can be released from jail.

During the first brief presentation of Livingston before a judge on Sunday morning, a prosecutor argued against granting bail. He cited the previous prison sentences of Livingston for harbadment and noted that there was a "no contact" court order that prevented him from contacting the family of the murder victim.

Police and rescue brigades found the unidentified victim on the railroad tracks north of North Seventh Avenue in Lake Worth, covered in blood and with "visible injuries consistent with a violent attack," said one spokesperson for the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office.

The sword was located nearby. [19659006] The homicide is the third in Lake Worth in the last two months, according to a Palm Beach Post database. The other two, those of Octavio Sanches-Morales and Lucio Velazquez-Morales, were related to gangs, according to the PBSO.

In 1998, Livingston had been ordered by the court not to have contact with an individual, "for protection against repeated violence"

It did not work. "After the permanent injunction was in place, (Livingston) continued its course of harbadment and threatening conduct towards the victim," according to court records. A jury found him guilty of aggravated harbadment. He was sentenced to five years in state prison.

In 2004, state prison records show that he was again charged with aggravated harbadment, this time in Broward County. He got two years in prison.

In 2011, a security guard at the Boynton Beach shopping mall told an off-duty police officer that he had seen a man with a knife attached to his belt in the children's play area of ​​the mall.

The police asked Latvians for the operation during a fight against a knife with a nine-inch blade. Livingston protested that it was a pocket knife that he needed for the protection of Boynton's gang

. Like a convicted felon, Livingston is not allowed to carry a weapon.

During the reservation, the police declared that Livingston had demanded to know "why the other officer took my razor but not my taser". The police returned to look for Livingston and found the Taser.

He was charged with two counts related to carrying a concealed weapon. He pleaded not guilty.

The case did not go to trial, however.

Seven months after his arrest, and on the same day two experts appointed by the court presented the sealed results of Livingston's mental health badessment, a judge ruled that Livingston was not competent to face a trial. He was ordered to deliver weapons or other weapons. And, although the original charges did not mention any victims, they were also ordered not to have violent contact with an unidentified person.

Three weeks later, Livingston's public defender argued that the charges were dismissed and wrote that Livingston "appears to have no substantial likelihood of being competent for the foreseeable future."

The charges were dropped.

© 2017 Cox Media Group.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.