Five killed, unborn child killed in ‘mass murder’ in Indianapolis


Five people and an unborn baby were found dead Sunday in Indianapolis, which the city’s mayor called an act of mass murder.

Although the names and ages of the victims were not released and a motive was not immediately known, Mayor Joe Hogsett said the shooting had brought “terror to our community”.

“This morning the city of Indianapolis was targeted with indifference in all parts of the country, which has become very common across the country and will never shock the conscience,” he said.

Hogsett said evidence showed the murders were not linked to the “deadly confluence of guns, substance abuse and poverty” in Indianapolis, adding that officials had been working to find out for years.

A police spokeswoman said the first victim the police found was a teenage male suffering from gunshot wounds in the northeastern area of ​​Indianapolis around 4 am local time. Authorities later found the bodies of five people in a house less than half a mile away.

A pregnant woman was taken to a local hospital where she and her unborn baby were declared dead, the spokesperson said. The teenager was expected to survive.

It was not immediately clear how the victims were connected, although Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department Chief Randall Taylor told reporters the incident was not random.

He said no suspects had been identified, and that there was possibly more than one shooter.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.