LINCOLN, Nebraska (KOLN) – With several Nebraska pharmacies participating in the Federal Retail Pharmacy Program, effective Monday, March 29, these entities will be able to vaccinate residents 18 and older. All of these sites are accessible to the public and still vaccinate people in the current priority phase, 2A to include 65 and older, along with essential frontline health care workers, EMS, first responders, K-12 teachers, workers grocery workers, transit workers, law enforcement, child care workers, food and agriculture workers, and prison officials / staff.
The doses available at pharmacies are in addition to the state’s weekly allocation of the first and second doses administered by the 19 local Nebraska health departments. Some parts of the state are already vaccinating at younger ages and may lower the age to ensure schedules remain complete. Changes to the State Directed Health Measure (DHM) that will take effect on Monday, March 29 at 12:00 a.m. M. They consist of the following changes to the federal retail pharmacy program requirements:
- By removing the specific age groups and criteria for critical infrastructure workers, the Retail Pharmacy Program partners’ criteria will be adjusted to allow them to vaccinate anyone 18 years of age or older.
- Eliminate the requirement that Retail Pharmacy Program partners coordinate scheduling with their respective local health departments and use the state-designated COVID-19 vaccine scheduling and registration system.
While more pharmacies may be eligible in the future, the full list of pharmacies is as follows:
- 113 South 4th St., Albion NE 68620 – Wells Drug
- 2409 Box Butte Ave., Alliance NE 69301 – Alliance Community Pharmacy
- 1401 Silver St., Ashland NE 68003 – Ashland Pharmacy Inc.
- 501 Court St., Beatrice NE 68310 – Clabaugh Pharmacy
- 1882 Holly St., Blair NE 68008 – Walmart
- 510 Linden St., Chadron NE 69337 – Walmart
- 818 E 23RD St., Columbus NE 68601 – Walmart
- 1800 E 29TH St., Crete NE 68333 – Walmart
- 1003 S Main St. Ste 2, Emerson NE 68733 – Emerson’s Apothecary
- 2831 Highway 15, Fairbury NE 68352 – Walmart
- 3010 E 23RD St., Fremont NE 68025 – Walmart
- 1014 G St., Geneva NE 68361 – Weaver Pharmacy
- 1021 W 14TH, Hastings NE 68901 – Bert’s Prescription Pharmacy
- 3803 Osborn Dr., W Hastings NE 68901 – Walmart
- 2706 2ND Ave. Ste A, Kearney NE 68847 – Medicap Pharmacy # 8342
- 5411 2ND Ave., Kearney NE 68847 – Walmart
- 133 S 7TH St., Loup City NE 68853 – Loup City RX Shoppe
- 200 Frontier St., Lexington NE 68850 – Walmart
- 1902 WB St., McCook NE 69001 – Walmart
- 2101 S 11TH St., Nebraska City NE 68410 – Walmart
- 2400 W Pasewalk Ave., Norfolk NE 68701 – Walmart
- 1401 S Dewey St., North Platte NE 69101 – Walmart
- 201 Pony Express Lane, Ogallala NE 69153 – Walmart
- 15615 Pacific St. Suite 8, Omaha NE 668118 – Medicine Man Pharmacy
- 710 West Center Road, Omaha NE 68106 – Think Aksarben Pharmacy LLC
- 825 North 90th St., Omaha NE 68114 – ViaRx
- 317 East Douglas St., O’Neill NE 68763 – O’Neill Family Pharmacy
- 3322 Ave. I, Scottsbluff NE 69361 – Walmart
- 1601 Cornhusker Dr., South Sioux City NE 68776 – Walmart
- 803 Providence Road Ste 101, Wayne NE 68787 – Providence Medical Center
- 1024 Ave. E Ste 100, Pender NE 68791 – Wisner Apothecary
- 101 E David Dr., York NE 68467 – Walmart
Recently added pharmacies
- 2510 Bellevue Md. Ctr. Dr. Ste 100, Bellevue NE 68123 – Nebraska Medical Center Bellevue Pharmacy
- 422 5TH St., David City NE 68632 – City of David Discount Pharmacy
- 115 Wilmar Ave., Grand Island NE 68803 – Hy-Vee Pharmacy
- 500 N Hastings Ave., Hastings NE 68901 – Keith’s Drive In Drug
- 1221 N Cotner Blvd. Ste 1, Lincoln NE 68505 (Relycare Pharmacy)
- 5010 O St., Lincoln NE 68510 (Hy-Vee Pharmacy)
- 5150 Center, Omaha NE 68106 NE – Hy-Vee Pharmacy
- 1000 South 178th St., Omaha NE 68118 – Hy-Vee Pharmacy
- 14591 Stony Brook Blvd., Omaha NE 68137 – Hy-Vee Pharmacy
- 4014 Leavenworth St., Omaha NE 68198 – Nebraska Pharmacy of Medicine at Lauritzen Outpatient Center
- 2915 Leavenworth St., Omaha NE 68105 – Kohll’s Prescription
- 1429 M St., Ord NE 68862 – Anderson Pharmacy
- 11650 S. 73RD St., Papillion NE 68046 – Hy-Vee Pharmacy
- 412 S 13th St. Ste. A, Tekamah NE 68061 – Tekamah Drug Company
The open age range for this program allows Nebraskans to visit a pharmacy anywhere regardless of jurisdiction and accelerates vaccination efforts statewide. For example, if a resident of one district wants to schedule a vaccination appointment in another county that has availability, they can do so. Those interested in getting vaccinated should check with nearby pharmacies for scheduling capacity, as allocations and availability may differ based on demand.
Walmart, Kohll’s, and Hy-Vee are among the pharmacies in Nebraska that currently have public scheduling portals. People can also register on the state site, at Vaccinate.Ne.Gov. Registering for a COVID-19 vaccine allows people to receive vaccination updates, scheduling information, and follow-up reminders, as supplies become available in their area. Pharmacies should coordinate with their local health department to help ensure dosages are appropriately distributed to currently eligible populations, as supplies become available.
DHHS continues to share information about COVID-19 and vaccines through its coronavirus website, as well as on Facebook and Twitter. The DHHS COVID-19 Information Line is available to help answer questions about COVID-19 or vaccines. Available by calling (531) 249-1873 or (833) 998-2275, the line is staffed every day from 8 am to 8 pm CT. Relay calls are available for the deaf or hard of hearing and access to the Language Line.
Copyright 2021 KOLN. All rights reserved.