Fauci deviates principles of reduced CDC coronavirus death toll


Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, speaks during the Senate’s Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee hearing on efforts to regain work and school during an outbreak of coronovirus disease (COVID-19) in Washington. DC, June 30, 2020.

Al Daroga | Reuters

White House Coronovirus Advisor Drs. Anthony Fauci, discussing online theories promoted by President Donald Trump, said that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has changed its guidance for coronovirus deaths, showing a fraction of the total Kovid-19 fatalities.

According to a CNN report, Twitter on Sunday removed a retweeted post by Trump, claiming that the CDC had “quietly” “only to indicate only 6% of its nation’s coronovirus toll – about 9,000 deaths” “Was updated. The tweet stated that the remaining 94% had “other serious illnesses.”

Fauci told ABC’s “Good Morning America” ​​on Tuesday that the CDC guidance, last updated on August 26, showed that those who died from the virus “have a certain percentage of them, except for Kovid. There was nothing else. ” However, this does not mean that no one died of Kovid-19 from an underlying disease, Fauci said.

“This does not mean that anyone who has hypertension or diabetes dies of Kovid, Kovid-19 did not die. They did,” Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told GMA. “So the number you are hearing – there are over 180,000 deaths – are actual deaths from Kovid-19. Let there be no confusion about that.”

“It’s not 9,000 deaths from Kovid-19, it’s more than 180-thousand deaths,” Fauci said.

As of Tuesday, at least 183,600 people have died from Kovid-19 in the US, accounting for just 21% of the world’s total deaths, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.

Those who are older are at greater risk for serious illness, and may possibly have died from Kovid-19. The CDC reports that eight out of ten Kovid-19 deaths in the US are reported to be over 65 years of age.

The CDC states that the risk is greater for anyone at any age. According to the CDC report, Kovid-19 has killed thousands of people of all ages with diabetes and high blood pressure among other diseases.

The Coronavirus Response Coordinator of the White House, Drs. Deborah Birks has previously stated that coronoviruses pose a greater risk for those with underlying health conditions, such as diabetes and significant obesity, seen in every age group.

During a task force press briefing in June, Birks said, “Remember, comradeships are spread throughout the age group. We know that we may also have people with significant type 1 diabetes in younger people. “We know they are risk factors, so risk factors go with your young age, not necessarily with your age.”

The CDC did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

    .