Apex Legends Season 8: Scramble is due to drop on February 2, and although patch notes are not expected before the update goes live, we already know a bunch of confirmed changes and improvements. Take a quick look at what is expected to include patch notes.
Apparently, the main changes will be the addition of the new legend, the Fuse, which hails from the Salvo, as well as new weapons – 30-30 repeaters.
King’s Canyon would also be largely replaced, as Fuse’s entry into the Apex games did not come easily and his old friend Maggie crashed the party – literally.
But, the most exciting part of the patch notes themselves will be seeing how Respawn has adjusted various legends with nerfs and buffs, as well as some of the quality of planned life changes.
Top Legends Season 8: Early Patch Notes
New Legend: Fuse
Straight from Salvo, Fuse is an explosive legend, and his abilities reflect this. He can shoot the projectile with his prosthetic arm, and will shoot his final mortar-like missile, which bursts into the ring of fire.
- Inactive: Grenadier – The mechanical arms of the fuse throw ordinances faster and more accurately. The fuse can also stack more grenades in the inventory slot than other legends.
- Tactical: finger flakes – Deploy a cluster bomb that splits mini-concussion mines.
- Param: The Madeload – Bring the fuse’s rocket launcher “Valley” out of the flames, which surround the target in flames.
New Weapon: 30-30 Repeaters
We did not get a new weapon in season 7, but we are in season 8. Fuse brings 30 repeaters directly from Salvo. It is a lever-action rifle that packs a punch.
It uses the heavy amo type, but shots can also be charged.
Kings canyon map changes
The arrival of the fuse distracted King’s Canyon. The original POI, including Slum Lakes and Artillery, has been destroyed, and there is a new allusion to the map.
New Season 8 Battle Pass: Devastation
As usual, there will be a refreshed battle pass for the new season, which includes over 100 items.
We don’t know if there will be any changes to the battle pass system yet, as it was in season 7.
These are the Legend buffs and Nerfs that Respawn has said will be coming in season 8. See a full description and details on each change here.
Note: This is not the final list of all the legends who are getting changes in the season 8 update.
- 45 Adding health to its cover
- Respawn says that they are seeing a change in Writh’s hitbox, to bring it in line with other legends.
- Respawn is looking at nerfs for his tactical ability, but hasn’t confirmed the exact changes they are making yet.
One who takes revenge
- Response is struggling to find a good buff for the Revenant, but is seeing hitbox adjustments
- Response is looking for ways to make Watson more fun, without making him more powerful
- Fix for Decoy creating the footstep focus – this was originally in the Fight Night patch notes, but has been removed and will be coming in future updates, possibly with season 8.
- Caustic Hammer Breaking Doors – This was also originally in the Fight Night patch notes, but has been removed and will come in future patches, possibly with Season 8.
New Item: Gold Magazine
- Gold Magazine: Automatically reloads holstered weapons, with a delay of 5.5 seconds.
- New Hop-Up for Sentinel – Unknown
It has not been confirmed yet, but it appears that Seville will return in 8.
Quality of life
- In-game damage tracker added
- Heirloom Store Not Showing All Heirlooms
- Players told that they are buying heirloom of Gibraltar while buying caustic heirloom
- Legend skins for Mirage and Bangalore, affecting the sites below.
- Errors related to private matches
- Players cannot hear each other in the cross-play lobby
Season 8: A new rank series will debut at the beginning of Ranked Series 7. The first division will take place at Kings Canyon, and will run until 23 March. The second division will take place at Olympus. No world lead in ranking.
Full rank play changes can be seen here.
- Earn first rp in a match
- The RP award starts with placement 13 instead of 10 in a match.
- Kill / Assist count is reduced to 6
- Earn RP for more kills and assists in the given match.
- It is a minor nap to give really good players a slightly faster return to their competitive ranks, while our top tier players are given more ways to pull ahead of the pack in the Predator rank.
- Assistance threshold increased to 10 seconds
- Get help for up to 10 seconds (up to 7.5 seconds) after damaging the target killed by someone else.
- Predator has been increased to top 750 players
- Allowing more players to hunt should improve queue time when remaining a particular level for the highest levels of the game.
- Players under Diamond will match more often within their ranks.
- Skydive trails return
- In season 8, Diamond Skydive Trails is making a comeback as a reward.
Season 8 collection event
Data miners have uncovered files related to an anniversary collection event in Season 8. Although collection events typically start from the middle of the season, this time it could potentially start earlier, given that Apex Legends’ 2-year anniversary is February 4 – season 8 begins two days later .
We are currently aware of what is coming in the Season 8 update patch notes.
We keep you updated with more changes as they arrive and of course when Respawn releases full patch notes.