WARNING: This story comprises main spoilers from the 300th episode of Grey’s Anatomy. Read at your personal danger!
Grey’s Anatomy‘s 300th episode pays tribute to the 299 that got here earlier than it in each large and small methods.
During Thursday’s landmark hour, an accident at a county truthful will herald a wide range of sufferers who spark reminiscences from the medical doctors’ pasts, together with authentic Fab Five look-alikes Cristina (Sandra Oh), George (T.R. Knight), and Izzie (Katherine Heigl).
As promised, government producer Krista Vernoff can be hiding fairly the Easter egg hunt for long-time followers of the ABC medical drama, from nods to McNames (we presume, as a result of if not? Come on!) to the usage of critically. EW can be taking over the daunting job of gathering each Easter egg from the hour, so you should definitely test again! (And if we miss any, hit the feedback to badist us out!)
- The 300th episode opened with a model of “Young Folks,” a track first heard within the sixth episode of the third season.
- Meredith is using a ferry boat, which longtime followers know her late husband cherished.
- The new clbad of interns is seen camped out within the tunnel that the Fab Five beforehand known as house, with “Glbades” even tripping like George did within the pilot once they get a web page. They subsequently run throughout the catwalk, the place Meredith and Alex are telling them to decelerate — one thing they have been as soon as instructed to do again within the pilot.
- Two of the rollercoaster accident sufferers appear like George and Cristina, with a 3rd wanting like Izzie, who exclaims “seriously,” a standard phrase used within the early seasons. The three are literally second 12 months residents at Seattle Presbyterian.
- The paramedics that deliver within the curler coaster crash sufferers, Nicole and Ray, have each appeared in lots of episodes of the present.
- The opening scene ended with the present’s authentic theme track, “Cosy in the Rocket,” by Psapp.
- Amelia pushes for a head CT on a affected person. Her brother Derek finally died as a result of his medical doctors didn’t do a head CT. When Owen declines to do it, Amelia pushes for it to occur in the course of the surgical procedure and finally ends up being proper.
- During the episode, “Into You Like a Train,” the sufferers have been caught collectively by way of a pole and the medical doctors couldn’t take away one with out risking damage to the opposite, very similar to these George and Cristina look-alikes.
- Jo says “seriously” whereas Alex is displaying her the Izzie look-alike.
- The episode makes use of one other previous track, “They,” by Jem.
- The George look-alike is shocked to find that George died a hero. For those that forgot, simply after enlisting within the Army, George was hit by a bus whereas saving a lady.
- The Izzie look-alike asks Alex to remain by her facet, which is dangerously just like how shut he received to Rebecca following the ferry crash. (When “Izzie” handed out, Alex carried her like he did after Denny died.)
- The Cristina look-alike calls Meredith and Jackson surgeon royalty, which is what her fellow interns stated of Meredith’s mother within the pilot.
- When one of many interns goes to Dr. Shepherd, mentioning the affected person’s household is there, it’s a line verbatim from the pilot.
- Though she’s about to enter surgical procedure, the Izzie look-alike is as optimistic as ever, citing the silver linings — one thing the actual Izzie at all times did.
- DeLuca and one of many new interns, with whom he has a previous, hook up in an on-call room.
- Meredith mentions that Cristina Yang, of all folks, would understand how badly she would wish to win a Harper Avery. Yes, so badly that Cristina left Grey Sloan so as to have the ability to win one.
- When requested about Sofia’s father, Arizona mentions that he’s useless — Mark Sloan died following the aircraft crash — after which does a spot-on impression of him.
- When Maggie says Zola should get her intelligence from her mom, Zola says it comes from her dad, too, whom she misses. RIP Derek.
- During the mbadive spherical robin of surgical scenes, Ingrid Michaelson’s “Keep Breathing,” one other traditional track, is taking part in.
- While engaged on the George look-alike, Webber mentions that will probably be good to avoid wasting this O’Malley — George died simply after the medical doctors found they have been engaged on their fellow physician. RIP 007!
- Even although Alex hasn’t spoken to Izzie in years, he’s imagined that she’s married with youngsters, dwelling someplace woodsy, her home smells like muffins, and she or he’s comfortable. He doesn’t wish to name her, as a result of he doesn’t need that imaginative and prescient to be shattered.
Grey’s Anatomy airs Thursdays at eight p.m. ET on ABC.