Home / Entertainment / Elvis’s impersonator hopes that the children of the house of horrors will strengthen each other: report

Elvis’s impersonator hopes that the children of the house of horrors will strengthen each other: report

Las Vegas impersonator Elvis who renewed marriage vows for the couple accused of holding 13 children in captivity said in an interview on Tuesday that he was physically ill when he heard about the reports, but was glad to think that the children finding strength in each other.

Kent Ripley, the imitator who conducted the 2013, 2015 and 2016 ceremonies for David and Louise Turpin, told the Daily News that he remembered sung and talked with the children and that everyone seemed to have strong bonuses.

Ripley said the children were "soft-spoken" and "educated."

"I hope you stay together and make this the beginning of a better life for them," he said. "My prayers are for the children, I hope they can collect the pieces."

Ripley spoke with the newspaper after authorities said they discovered 13 children aged 2 to 29 years held captive inside a house in Perris, California, which is approximately 60 years old. miles from Los Angeles.

Authorities responded to the house on Sunday after a 17-year-old girl, who was malnourished and believed to be 10 years old, managed to jump out the window and call 911.

The sheriff's deputies said some of the children were chained to the furniture and everyone was malnourished. Investigators said the house was dirty, dark and "smelly".

Louise Turpin, 49, and her husband, David, 57, were jailed on $ 9 million bail. They were scheduled for an initial court appearance on Thursday. Authorities said the couple could face charges of torture and danger to the children.

The children were taken to local hospitals to begin the slow process of "re-feeding," officials said at a news conference on Tuesday, according to the report. [19659003"Supervisionofphysicsasemotionallylikelytobeverylong"saidDrDonaldKirbydirectoroftheNationCenterforHumanNutritioninClevelandOhio

"You have had a very traumatic experience, I can tell you that they are very kind, are very cooperative and I think they hope that life will improve after the event," said Mark Uffer, executive director of Corona Regional Medical Center.

The couple was scheduled for an initial appearance in court on Thursday.

The singer told the newspaper that he did not consider the family's interactions as "rare" as "unique."

"I would not have expected something as negative and disgusting as what (the police claim) was happening then," he said.

Source link