Doctors warn children and parents about the dangers of viral challenge & # 39; Shell On & # 39;


DETROIT, Mich. – For children, eating a sandwich in a plastic bag may seem fun in the latest challenge on social media, but doctors warn children and their parents about the dangers.

An Arizona teenager is biting a plastic bag with carrots and then swallows it. It is the last potentially dangerous challenge that young people post on social networks, mainly on Snapchat.


& # 39; Florida Man Challenge & # 39; highlights our most popular stories of & # 39; Florida Man & # 39;

It's called the Shell On challenge, and it involves everything from taking a bite of unpeeled banana or lemon, to eating foods with the plastic wrap or the cardboard packaging that is still in it.

"I do not know how many teenagers think in advance:" Oh, I'm going to wash this lemon before doing this challenge, "said Dr. Danelle Stabel of the Henry Ford Health System.

And that's just the concern for pesticides that can be on the outside of an unpeeled fruit because it's not meant for people to digest it. However, Stabel says she is more concerned when the Shell On challenge involves plastic wrap that can put anyone who bites into immediate danger.

"Those are more worrisome to me because anything you eat that is not meant to be digested, you can drown," Stabel said. "The risk of breathing and suffocating is the most important thing for me, and again, it's just not meant to be digested, depending on how big the bite is."

The doctor has this advice for parents:

"I always encourage parents to be active in their children's social media accounts and know what they are posting online," Stabel said.

He added that children should also look for other ways to entertain themselves in social networks.

Source link

Check Also

What Happened to Matthew Boling Who Went Viral for His 100 Metres Record?

Matthew Boling gained a lot of attention in high school. The young of Houston, Texas, …