Devil 3 has not had a major content release in two years, since Blizzard released the Necromancer pack. But the Devil 3 seasons continue. Starting May 17 at 8 p.m. ITS T, Devil 3 Season 17 goes live. It's Blizzard's second season, granting players a three month long buff. This season also adds new difficulties and some quality of life updates.
Here's everything you need to know about Devil 3 Season 17. For a complete list of patch notes, scroll down.
Legacy of Nightmares theme
Throughout the entire season, players have the Legacy of Nightmares buff active.
The effect grants extra damage done and less damage taken for each Ancient weapon equipped. Any other set bonus deactivates Legacy of Nightmares. Ancient items are very rare, extremely powerful rolls on Legendary weapons and armor.
This new season theme rewards players who do not wear armor pieces, and lets them experiment with the Legacy of Nightmares builds without having to sacrifice two ring slots for the bonus set.
New Torment level
Season 17 adds three new Torment levels to Devil 3. Torment tiers are the game's highest difficulty settings, and bumping it up further increases rewards and enemy difficulty. Torments 14, 15, and 16 are new this time around. Blizzard says they offer the same level of rewards and difficulties as Greater Rifts 65, 70, and 75.
A new quality of life
In a game as old as Devil 3, quality of life changes are always welcome. This new patch adds to search functionality to in-game chests for PC players – making stashed items easier to find. Arrows pointing players to their mission objectives in bounties also appear immediately now, instead of blundering around for a bit first. Finally, the rare crafting material Death's Breath drops in the Horadric Caches (which players earn from completing a group of bounties).
Set and ability balancing
Like with most Devil 3 seasons, Season 17 also comes with some balance changes for set bonuses and Legendary items. Blizzard also added to new Legendary potion: On top of healing the player, the new Bottomless Potion of the Unfettered makes the player immune to control-impairing effects for 5 to 7 seconds.
Most of Blizzard's other balance changes focus on Legendary items to help players make the most out of the Legacy of Nightmares buff.
Devil 3 Patch 2.6.5 – Full Patch Notes
Note: All changes apply to all versions of Diablo III, including PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC unless otherwise indicated.
- Torment 14, 15, and 16 have been added to the game
- Reward and difficulty levels of all new Torments closely match Greater Rift 65, 70, and 75 respectively
- Portals left behind by Treasure Goblins may occasionally lead somewhere udderly ridiculous
- Using an Ancient or Primal Puzzle Ring in Kanai's Cube will produce a new result
- Party portraits now display if a player's Cheat Death buff has been recently used (PC Only)
- When a boss is killed in a Nephalem Rift, a permanent ping will mark the location of the boss' death until the Rift is closed
- The Boss Notification screen received a rework (PC Only)
- The Greater Rift Notification screen received a rework (PC Only)
- The Greater Rift Completion screen has received a rework (PC Only)
- Matchmaking no longer prevents players from joining a game while a Greater Rift is already in progress
- Players who join the game will be unable to join a Greater Rift in progress
- The progress bar for a Greater Rift is now visible to all players in the game, regardless of whether they are participating in the Rift or not
- Challenge Rifts
- The amount of Death's Breath rewarded by completing a Challenge Rift has been increased
Quality of Life
- The cap for earning additional stash tabs through the Season Journey has been raised from 4 to 5 (PC Only)
- Search functionality has been added to Stash (PC Only)
- All Crafters now have an Expand / Collapse All button for recipes (PC Only)
- Most Bounty indicators are now displayed immediately after entering the Bounty area
- Death's Breath now drop in Horadric Caches
Developer Comment: With 2.6.5, we are aiming to address some of the longest standing and most desired quality of life features of the community has brought to us. We've hit a little bit of everything, from adding additional Torment levels, making Ancient / Primal Puzzle Rings feel rewarding, and adding some Stash space improvements. Other changes were made to help smooth out overall gameplay, such as making Bounties feel like less of a chore and more rewarding and reworking a few of our notification screens.
In addition, we encountered a lot of technical issues with increasing overall stash space for players. Unfortunately, as these issues caused significant degredation of the overall gameplay experience, we finally had to take a step back on this quality of life improvement and table it for now.
- The Season Journey Journal now shows all chapters, regardless of current progression
- There is a new reward for completing the entirety of the Season Journey (Guardian)
- For Season 17, the Galactic Wings are available
- Added the buff for Season 17
- Player's damage is increased by 750% and damage taken by 4% for every Ancient Item they have equipped while not having Set Bonuses Active
Developer's Comment: The Season of Grandeur was by far our most popular Themed Season yet. In the wake of having a free ring of Royal Grandeur active, we saw a lot of requests to try the same thing with the Legacy of Nightmares set power. We had been toying with the same idea internally, and the community request was really nudged us over the edge of giving it to go!
- (NEW) Bottomless Potion of the Unfettered
- Become immune to control-impairing effects for 5-7 seconds after drinking this potion
- Akkhan's Leniency
- Each enemy hit by your Blessed Shield increases damage to your Blessed Shield by
15-20%35-40% for 3 seconds
- Bloodtide Blade
- Death Nova deals
80-100%300-400% increased damage for every enemy within 25 yards
510 Fetishes closest to you will shoot to powerful Poison Dart every time you do
- Chantodo's Will
- Every second while in Archon form you expel to Wave of Destruction, dealing
1000%4000% weapon damage to enemies within 30 yards. Every time you hit with an attack while not in Archon form, 1000%4000% weapon damage is added to the Wave of Destruction, stacking up to 20 times
- Wave of Destruction damage now scale with attack speed
- The Dagger of Darts
- Your Poison Darts and your Fetishes' Poison Darts now pierce and deal an additional [400-500%] damage
- Grace of Inarius
- 6-Piece Bonus
- Bone Armor also activates a swirling tornado of bone, damaging nearby enemies for 1000% weapon damage and increasing the damage they take from the Necromancer by
- Iron Rose
- Attacking with Siphon Blood has a
40-50%100% chance to cast a free Blood Nova
- Blessed Shield richest to 6 additional enemies and has its damage increased by
- Sage's Set
- Now doubles the amount of Death's Breaths that drop
- Previous: Increases Death's Breath drops by 1
- Without Seekers
- Now also adds 250-300% damage to Rapid Fire
- Wojahnni Assaulter
- Rapid Fire deals
60-75%75-100% increased damage for every half second that you channel. Stacks up to 430 times
- The stacks gained from Wojahnni Assaulter now also stack much more quickly
Developer's Comment: With Patch 2.6.4, we focused on making a lot of changes to different class sets to open up to build diversity and level out the comparable power between classes. With 2.6.5, we are continuing that trend through adjustments to (mostly) Legendary powers we feel a very strong, fun fantasy, but needed some damage bumps.
- Necromancer Simulacrums now benefit from the Trag'Oul's Avatar 6-Piece Bonus
- Fixed and issue where Xbox One / PS4 Voice Chat within public games was failing to work (Xbox One and PS4 Only)
- Fixed an issue where The Immortal King's Set Dungeon objective numbers were incorrect
- Fixed an issue where Greater Rift 70 first-time completion Primal drops were occurring for players even if they did not succeed at the 15-minute completion time
- Fixed an issue where Bounties that required interacting with an object would not update the next objective immediately after completing one
- Fixed an issue where a second Puzzle Ring tab would be shown in the Kanai's Cube UI when a Puzzle Ring was equipped (Console Only)
- Fixed an issue where Keywarden icons would not show up on the map in Torment level games (Switch Only)
- Fixed an issue where some subtitles in the Taiwan location would exceed the screen limit (Switch only)
- Fixed an issue where the mouse cursor may be hidden when launching the client (Mac only)