Sheriff Alex Villanueva of Los Angeles County said one of the people injured in a shameless ashram in Compton, California was released from the hospital on Wednesday.
Villanueva tweeted on Wednesday night, “Big news, one of them was released from the hospital today.” “They have a long road to recovery. But they are not alone. We, as a community, are together in this,” he said.
Villanueva did not identify the deputy, who was one of two heads seated in a marked car near a transit station on Saturday.
Conditions at some locations in the office on ‘The Path On’ while searching for gunmen in the Composite Departments shop
The video of the attack shows a gunman in dark clothing walking up to his vehicle, setting fire to the passenger side window and running away.
Villanueva said the deployment of the two had been in the works for about 14 months.
Earlier Wednesday, the sheriff said investigators were following “several leads” and believed they were progressing in a massive manhunt for gunfire and a potential stampede driver.
No suspects have been identified.
Received HERO LA SHERIFF deputy ID’D, WIB LIBRARIAN already due to join; $ 200 g required
“Our detectives are confident that they are on the right track,” Villanueva told Bill Hemmer on “Bill Hemmer Reports”.
A GoFundMe page set up by a sheriff’s detective has raised more than $ 550,000 to help injured deputies – identified as a 31-year-old woman and 24-year-old man. Separately, more than $ 300,000 in prize money – a mix of public money and private donations – is being offered in the case.
The woman deputy remained hospitalized after surgery. Further details were not available.
Click here to get the Fox News app
The Sheriff Department has faced criticism for handling several incidents in recent months, including photos leaked in a helicopter crash in May that killed Kobe Bryant and seven others. Bryant’s family is suing the department in connection with the incident.
Fox News’ Louis Cassiano contributed to this report.