CHARLOTTE, NC. – The emergency teams are on the scene of a "security investigation" on board a plane at the Charlotte Douglas airport.
In a statement to Channel 9, airport officials said "There is an investigation of a security incident on board an aircraft. More information to come."
Reporter Stephanie Tinoco was there when dozens of people were escorted out of the plane and first responders invaded the plane.
Officials have confirmed that the investigation involved a Jet Blue aircraft leaving Charlotte and heading to New York on Sunday morning.
A spokesman for JetBlue told Stephanie Tinoco, of Channel 9, that the flight has been "delayed to perform additional security checks due to a large number of precautions."
"JetBlue flight 218 scheduled to depart from Charlotte to New York this morning has been delayed to perform additional safety tests due to a large number of precautions. The local police are on the site and we are working to get customers to New York as soon as possible. "
A pbadenger from Rockingham, North Carolina, David Lathan called the WSOCTV newsroom shortly after he left the plane. He said his plane was rolling towards the runway when they had to stop.
Lathan said the pilot told the pbadengers there had been a "bomb threat."
>> First we update the users of the WSOCTV news application with a notification just before 12 p.m. On Sunday a "security investigation" was underway at Charlotte-Douglas. Download the WSOCTV news app for your smartphone and get updates on this story as they unfold.
"He said there has been a bomb threat," Lathan said. "There will be a policeman who will go up to the door, they will open the door, and when they do, pick up your luggage and get off the plane. & # 39;
No other information has been published.
This is an ongoing investigation. Come back with wsoctv.com for more information.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.