Coronavirus virus update: Herman Cain died after a battle with Komen-19


The novel coronavirus epidemic has now killed more than 667,000 people worldwide.

According to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University’s Center for System Science and Engineering, more than 17 million people worldwide have been diagnosed with the new respiratory virus-causing disease COVID-19. The actual numbers are believed to be too high due to lack of testing, with many unrelated cases and suspicions that some governments are hiding or reducing the scope of their nations’ outbreak.

The United States has become the most affected country, with more than 4.4 million diagnosed cases and at least 150,765 deaths.

Recent headlines:

  • Herman Cain died after the war with COVID-19
  • NJ sees 112% increase in mortality in Atlanta area
  • How is this news developing today. Eastern all the time. Check back for updates.

    10:40 AM: Herman Cain dies after battle with COVID-19

    Former Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain has died at the age of 74, nearly a month after the announcement of his coronovirus diagnosis, according to a post on his personal website.

    A source close to the White House also confirmed his death to ABC News.

    Cain’s hospitalization was announced on 2 July.

    A Cain spokesman said on Monday that he was hospitalized and being treated with oxygen for his lungs.

    “Doctors say their other organs and systems are strong,” the spokesperson said.

    Cain, a black voice for Trump co-chairman, attended President Donald Trump’s June 20 rally in Tulsa. Cain was photographed inside Cain without wearing a mask and sitting in close proximity with others.

    The businessman and radio talk show host campaigned for the Republican nomination in 2012.

    10 am: 33% increase in cases among Tennessee children

    ABC Memphis affiliate WatAnn reported that Tennessee has experienced a 33% jump in coronavirus cases among children in the last 10 days.

    In some parts of rural West Tennessee, cases among children have increased by more than 100%, Watten reported.

    Tennessee Village. Bill Lee said at a press conference on Tuesday that reopening schools for in-class learning is “the best option” and that “planned delays should be reserved for the most extreme conditions,” Tensien reported.

    9:10 pm: NJ sees 112% increase in cases in Atlanta area, fatalities double

    An internal FEMA memo obtained by ABC News highlights a boom in New Jersey and a dual death toll in the Atlanta area.

    The memo stated that New Jersey saw 2,066 new coronovirus cases last week (ending July 27) – a 112% increase from the week.

    The memo said the beach town of Long Beach Island reported 35 cases involving social gatherings among lifeguards.

    And in nearby Connecticut, 943 new cases were reported for the week ending July 27 – a 77.9% increase from the week.

    The memo stated that people under 30 made up 40% of those new cases.

    Meanwhile, the number of new COVID-19s in the Atlanta-Sandy Springs area in Georgia nearly doubled last week. The memo said that there were 71 deaths in the week ending July 20, while there were 139 deaths in the week ended July 27.

    In some parts of Georgia, some patients had to wait in forced ambulances because of an increase in COVID-19 patients, Memorial said.

    The memo states that in Alabama, new cases are increasing despite a 28.3% decrease in new trials.

    As of Monday, only 12% of Alabama’s ICU beds were available. A record high number of ICU beds were filled with 496 COVID-19 patients in intensive care units.

    4:46 pm: Dispatchers stop asking 911 callers about COVID-19 symptoms, which increases anxiety for firefighters

    Those calling 911 in Houston will not be asked if they are experiencing symptoms like COVID, changing a month-long practice to give information to first responders. Firefighters are now asked to treat every call as if the patient or home is COVID positive.

    Houston Fire chief Sam Pena said the change is an admission of the widespread nature of the virus in the city and out of concern that callers were not always providing the correct information.

    For months, Peña requested the public to give honest answers to protect firefighters who have sustained a large number of COVID-forced quarantines.

    On the same day, the Houston Fire Department announced Captain Leroy Lucio, Houston’s first firefighter, to attend the funeral to die from COVID-19.

    Marty Lancton, president of the Houston Professional Fire Fighters Association, told ABC13 that he can’t figure out why the department would like less information for firefighters rather than more.

    “Less information on the front lines of men and women answering calls is dangerous to firefighters, paramedics and the citizens of Houston,” Lacton said.

    Chief Pena explained the change to HFD members in a memorandum received by 13 Investigates. “The prevalence of COVID-19 is high in the Houston area and COVID-19 cannot be ‘dismissed’ in the area nor properly investigated through the OEC. The health and wellbeing of HFD members, all Address and in the best interests of the patients. Potential COVID-19 should be considered as positive places and patients. No attempt or opinion should be made to consider and treat any patient as ‘non-COVID’ needed.

    COVID-19 in change dispatch is the second in recent weeks affecting information. Earlier in July, the department closed the logging addresses of COVID-19 positive patients in the city-wide dispatch system. Chief Pena says that it was taking too long to register thousands of cases one by one in the Antique system.

    3:23 AM: COVID-19 has more than 17 million confirmed global cases

    Globally, there are now more than 17 million confirmed cases of COVID-19 according to John Hopkins University.

    The current number is now 17,031,281, but due to the lack of real numbers it is believed that there are many unproven cases and suspicions that some governments are hiding or reducing the scope of the outbreak of their nations.

    Globally, on July 22, it crossed the 15 million mark eight days ago. Just four days later on July 26, the 16 million mark was crossed.

    2:38 am: Governor DeSantis extends expulsion and foreclosure postponement until 1 September

    Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has extended the ban on eviction and foreclosure to Sept 1.

    The ban was initially scheduled to end on August 1, but the governor extended it for the third time in three months after the postponement began in April.

    State rape. Ana Escamani, D-Orlando, told the news by tweeting: “Breaking-eviction and foreclosure moratorium have been extended for another month.”

    DeSantis issued the executive order without comment.

    What to know about Coronavirus:

  • How it got started and how to protect yourself: Coronavirus explained
  • What to do if you have symptoms: Coronavirus symptoms
  • Monitoring the spread in the US and worldwide: Coronavirus map
  • 2:11 pm: Florida to stop COVID test due to tropical weather

    The Florida Division of Emergency Management (FDEM) announced that all state-supported drive-through and walk-up COVID-19 test sites will likely close at 5 pm on Thursday, July 30 in anticipation of impacts from potential tropical cyclone nine .

    Trial sites are closing with an abundance of caution to keep individuals safe and to keep sites safe. All sites have free-standing structures, including tents and other equipment, that cannot withstand tropical storm force winds, and can harm people and property if they are protected.

    Potential tropical cyclone Nine is expected to affect Florida with heavy rain and strong winds in South Florida beginning Friday. Sites will remain closed until they are safe to reopen, with all sites expected to reopen by 8 a.m., Wednesday, August 5.

    Free COVID-19 testing is available through local county health departments.

    ABC News’ Will Gritzky, Ahmed Hemingway, Josh Margolin, Tom Shine and Scott Wither contributed to this report.

    .

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published.