Cops Nashville has 500 Leads in Christmas Day Bombing, Home in Abbey Antioch Raided

NASHVILLE — Federal agents zeroed in on a Nashville home on Saturday and went down at least 500 stairs after an explosion when an explosion rocked the city’s downtown on Christmas Day, injuring three people, dozens more Historic buildings were damaged, and most parts of the city were in a panic. As communication went down.

The vehicle exploded at 6:30 am on Christmas, which police called a “deliberate act.” Officers responded to a call that shots were fired in the area, where they found an RV playing a recording warning that a bomb would explode “in 15 minutes”. The six local officials who went to evacuate the sleeping residents to save the lives of the citizens were honored as “heroes”.

CBS News reporter Jeff Peguis reported Saturday Police had identified a person of interest—A 63-year-old man named Anthony Quinn Warner. Msnbc Confirmed that Warner’s house was being searched in connection with the bombing. Officials refused to confirm any such details even after CBS News reported at Saturday’s briefing, but said they were not looking at “any other subject”.

As questions about the circumstances of the bombing arose, Warner’s neighbors on Buckertown Road abruptly broke off police activity and were shocked at the idea that he might be involved in the explosion.

“They are one of the best families anyone would ever want to meet,” said Bernice Gille, adding that she has known the Warner family since she and her husband moved down the road 56 years ago.

Like most people in this area of ​​Bakertown, Gille and her husband were shocked when local and federal agents showed up on Saturday morning. Gilly was concerned that Warner’s mother fell or was injured. She asked her husband to investigate the older woman, but the agents stopped her and told her that Anthony Warner was a person of interest in the bombing.

Gili was surprised about that news. “I’m really still worried about him,” Gilli said. “She is a very good friend.”

A decade-long resident who knew the Warner family also did not know that Anthony was present before law enforcement agents arrived and began to ask questions.

His current neighbors agreed that Anthony Warner was very quiet. “He is a very private person,” one told The Daily Beast. “As you can see, he has fences all over the house.”

Neighbors had noticed that the RV went missing shortly before Christmas. Some children on the street saw pictures of the RV online and asked their parents if this could be what Warner had, but no one really believed it.

According to public records, the house was transferred to a woman via an resignation letter only four weeks before Warner. A woman named Michelle Swing told the Daily Mail that she paid nothing for the house.

“In the state of Tennessee you can deed property to someone else without their consent or their signature or anything,” Swing said. “I had not even bought the house on which he had finished it without my knowledge. So this is all very strange to me, that’s all I can say. “

Swing did not clarify what relationship he had with Warner, if any. In an interview with The Daily Beast, neighbors said they knew nothing about the house that they were getting a new owner.

But last year a second house on Bucktown Road was also moved to Swing by a swingclip deed from Warner. Records state Warner was unmarried.

Davidson County records showed that Warner was convicted on an unspecified felony charge in 1980 following an arrest in January 1978.

The Daily Beast’s attempts to reach Warner and those listed on property records were unsuccessful.

More than 24 hours after the eruption through the city, residents were left to grapple for answers.

Three people were injured in the blast Reportedly all He was discharged from the hospital on Friday, and officials repeatedly emphasized the entire single point in his briefing on Saturday: the city’s work will continue, even as it remains under curfew and deals with electricity costs is.

In addition to the downsizing of emergency services and cell phone services in many parts of the city after the explosion, Internet and television reception was also down throughout the region, and some businesses were unable to process credit card transactions. At least 41 businesses were damaged, according to Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee, who said it was “a miracle that no residents were killed.”

CBS News reported that the AT&T central office was also affected by the explosion with a fire that ruled the night, CBS News reported.

Metro Nashville Police Chief John Drake on Saturday insisted that “Nashville is safe,” and the FBI special agent in charge Doug Corneski said there was “no sign” of secondary threats.

But the motive remains the question, as to whether or not anyone was present inside the RV at the time of the blast: Drake said that on Friday night it was said that “tissue we can believe” was found. Authorities are yet to confirm more than this, however.

This weekend’s events were particularly painful for those living near Warner on Bucktown Road. Other brick duplexes on their street are strewn with refugees and immigrants who fled violence in Iraq, Africa and Latin America to the United States. For them, the explosion sends them back to a reality they desperately tried to leave forever.

“That’s too much,” said a woman who asked to speak anonymously. “I can’t get over it.”

“There are people in the world who wander outside and think they are going to step on a bomb,” her friend agreed. “It’s really scary when you think you got away from it and came to freedom, and then it happens. I think you’ll never know what might happen in your neighborhood.”

Although neighbors want a resolution of the bombing, they hoped Warner would not actually join. Seeing federal agents he churned out innocent explanations, conducting his raid: maybe he took his RV to the mountains for a vacation or maybe he sold his RV and went on vacation.

“We didn’t see anything suspicious,” one of them said.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.