Because The A.V. Club knows that television programs continue, even if we do not write extensively about them, we are experimenting with discussion posts. For certain shows, one of our television writers will post some brief reflections on the last episode and open the comments for readers to share theirs.
- The merger can reinvigorate even a mediocre season like Ghost Island . In theory, the three tribes that come together provide unlimited strategic possibilities and high levels of uncertainty or even chaos. In practice, it would be easy enough for the original Naviti members to stay together and bounce the remaining Malolos in a boring way. Let's see if the overthrow of Bradley helps to prevent the latter from happening.
- The tribes converge on the Naviti beach and the usual party awaits them. Chris finds a note in his buff, which leads to a hint of another advantage. The trick is that you will have to take a secret trip to Ghost Island to claim it. Wendell wants a vote of "easy peasant Naviti" and tries to negotiate a truce between Dom and Chris. Chris is not so sure of being with him and will not commit to anything. He is too "soft" to buy it. It also raps, and it's crap.
- Chris leaves the camp without being seen and travels to Ghost Island. This is great, really. Waiting for him is the JT immunity idol of Game Changers. Shot of Michaela sipping tea! This idol is only good for the next tribal, but you can expand it by choosing the right bamboo. He extends it for one, then receives a "NO VOTE" note, which means he can not vote in the next tribe. I have seriously lost track of the amount of advantages that currently exist in the game. It's ridiculous.
- War Dom / Chris is getting warmer. Chris is like a doof, but that can work in his favor if enough players see him as dangerous. I do not know who knows that Dom has a real idol and who knows about the fake at this moment. The look on Wendell's face during Chris's last blow is priceless.
- Individual immunity is at stake! It is a balancing arrangement, holding a tiki statue on a pole while standing on a beam. Dom and Chris leave before the end, with three women reaching the final round. I'm not sure any of them are in danger, but Kellyn hooks the necklace.
- The new tribe is called Lavita, I suppose. Not even Lavita Loca? Chris takes everyone but Dom and Wendell to the well to discuss a split vote. Donathan fills Dom in this plan. Wendell makes a pitch to get Chris out. (I'm not sure how he's hiding his immunity idol, since it's Erik's necklace from Fans vs. Favorites . Maybe he just needs a part?) Four ex-Naviti are still interested in taking out an original Malolo. Desiree wants Libby to leave. The situation is very fluid at this time.
- Chris has never been in tribal council! I had no idea. Dom gives his side of the fight and takes out his false idol. Chris talks about his leadership qualities at the behest of Probst. Many people trust their instinct. Chris launches his non-vote. Dom does not say anything about his vote for Chris. Wendell tells him it's garbage when rapping. Dom plays the legacy advantage. Wendell does not play his idol. Libby gets two votes, but the rest is for Chris, who is one and does so in the tribal council. That was fun, but honestly, I was hoping the rivalry would extend another episode or two. This seems to open things up for the rest of the game, however. I hope!
- Next week: the return of the great challenge of eating food!