CBS All Access is getting a new name – and a new slate of the original series to go with it.
In early 2021 it was announced on Tuesday that the steamer would be re-routed as Paramount +. (See the new logo pictured above.) The new name is part of the streaming service’s previously announced announcement, which will combine original content with shows from CBS and cable outlets MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount Network and Nickelodeon.
“Paramount is a prestigious and store brand beloved by consumers worldwide, and is synonymous with quality, integrity and world-class storytelling,” president and CEO Bob Bakish said in a statement. “With Paramount +, we are excited to establish a global streaming brand in the broad-pay segment that will draw on the depth and depth of the Viacom CBS portfolio to offer an exceptional collection of content for everyone to enjoy.”
With the name change, Paramount + is developing five new original series:
* Proposal, A limited series about making the iconic Oscar-winning film Saint, From the point of view of filmmaker Al Ruddy, who will serve as an executive producer. Michael Tolkien (Escape from dannemora) Will write and also serve as EP.
* LionessA spy drama from Yellowstone Producer Taylor Sheridan says that “follows a young Marine recruited to befriend a terrorist’s daughter to bring the organization down.”
* Reboot of classic VH1 documentary behind the Music From the title Behind MTV’s Music – Top 40 He will “unlock MTV’s vault for the past 40 years through his voice and his eyes for a unique and intimate look at the 40 greatest artists of all time.”
* Real criminal mind, A true-crime series based on the long-running CBS drama.
* Revival of Hit Bet drama sport. (Revival reportedly worked at The CW last year.)
Watch a promo video for the newly formed Paramount +, and then tell us in the comments: under the new name or?