HOUSTON — The Indianapolis Colts improved to Three-6 on the season after their 20-14 victory over the Houston Texans on Sunday at NRG Stadium.
Here’s a listing of stats and notes from the matchup, courtesy of Colts PR:
- The Colts improved to Three-6 on the season after defeating the Houston Texans, 20-14, at NRG Stadium.
- With the win, the Colts improved their all-time file towards the Texans to 24-7 and 11-5 in Houston.
- The Colts protection held the Texans offense scoreless by the primary three quarters and held Houston to 96 web yards (67 pbading, 29 speeding) within the first half. The Texans punted eight occasions on their first 9 possessions. The different drive resulted in a missed area aim.
- The Texans completed the competition with 194 web pbading yards, which is the bottom whole for a Colts opponent this season and the bottom relationship again to Dec. 11, 2016 vs. Houston (131).
Jacoby Brissettaccomplished 20-of-30 pbades for 308 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions for a single-game career-best 122.6 pbader ranking.
- Brissett gave the Colts a 7-Zero lead along with his 45-yard landing cross to
T.Y. Hiltonon the workforce’s opening offensive drive. The rating marked his sixth landing cross of the season.
- Brissett gave the Colts a 17-7 benefit along with his 80-yard landing throw to Hilton within the third quarter. The throw marked his longest profession cross. It can also be the longest cross for a Colts quarterback relationship again to
Andrew Luck’s 87-yard landing towards New Orleans on Oct. 25, 2015.
- Running again
Frank Goreled the workforce in speeding with 51 yards on 17 carries. He additionally added three receptions for 26 yards.
- Wide receiver T.Y. Hilton caught 5 pbades for 175 yards and two touchdowns.
- Hilton’s receiving yardage whole is the third highest for an everyday season sport in his profession. Two of Hilton’s high three receiving yardage performances have come this season (Week 5 vs. San Francisco, 177). He can also be tied with Antonio Brown for probably the most 150-yard receiving performances within the NFL this season with three.
- Today marked Hilton’s seventh profession a number of landing sport.
- Hilton caught a 45-yard landing cross from Jacoby Brissett on the workforce’s opening drive of the sport to present the Colts at 7-Zero lead.
- In the third quarter, Hilton contributed with an 80-yard landing reception from Brissett to present the Colts a 17-7 benefit. He additionally topped the 100-yard mark for the 27th time in his profession.
- Tight finish
Jack Doyleled the workforce with eight receptions totaling 63 yards.
- Outside linebacker
Jabaal Sheardcompiled 4 tackles (three solo), 2.Zero sacks, two pressured fumbles and 4 quarterback hits.
- Sheard logged sack quantity Three.5 on the season and compelled a fumble on the play when he introduced down Tom Savage for a six-yard loss within the second quarter. The sack led to a Texans punt.
- Sheard then clinched the win for the Colts when he sacked Savage on the final play of the sport and compelled a fumble. The ball was recovered by
Barkevious Mingobecause the clock hit Zero:00.
Matthias Farleyled the workforce with eight tackles (six solo) and added one cross defensed. Barkevious Mingo completed with seven stops (5 solo) and one fumble restoration.
Adam Vinatieritransformed 2-of-2 area targets and two PATs for eight factors towards the Texans.
- With his further level conversion on the workforce’s first landing of the sport, Vinatieri handed Gary Anderson (2,434) for the second most factors scored in NFL historical past.
- Vinatieri gave the Colts a 10-Zero lead within the second quarter along with his 22-yard area aim. He then transformed a 53-yard area aim within the fourth quarter to present Indianapolis a 20-7 lead. Vinatieri is an ideal Four-of-Four on area targets of 50-plus yards this season and is Eight-of-10 on kicks of 50-plus yards during the last two years.
Kyle Kalisearned his first profession NFL begin at proper guard.