Michael Dwyer, AP
A buyer leaves the Build-A-Bear store at South Shore Plaza in Braintree, Mbadachusetts (AP Photo / Michael Dwyer)
SALT LAKE CITY – Build-A-Bear will sell teddy bears for $ 5.50 on January 20 and 21 for National Hug Day, and if the event is as enjoyable as previous Build-A-Bear events, you'll want to get there early
What's going on: Build-A-Bear announced yesterday that it will sell Li Cub's select bears for $ 5.50 on January 20 and 21 to celebrate National Hug Day.
What you need to know: The agreement will be available only to members of the Build-A-Bear Bonus Club, however, you can join Club Bonus online for free.
- Three bears will be on sale as part of the National Embrace Day event: Li Pudding, Li'l Cub Walnut and Li'l Cub Brownie.
- Guests will be able to make their own bear Cub Cub and, according to the Build-A-Bear website, place a "limited edition colorful heart" inside their bear.
- Guests can buy up to six bears, and clothing and accessories are sold separately.
Online offers It will be available to anyone who does not want to challenge the lines. According to its website, Build-A-Bear has cured a selection of teddy bears that will be available for $ 10 on Sunday and Monday.
In July of last year, Build-A-Bear was in the news of an event "Pay your age" in which customers could pay the amount equivalent to their age for a stuffed animal.
- The event was so popular that Build-A-Bear had to be canceled early due to "crowd concerns and security", which upset thousands of customers who could not buy a bear, Fortune reported.
- Despite the chaos of the event last year, Sharon Price John, CEO of Build-A-Bear, told a crowd in Florida this week that the event "actually proved to be a pretty important point for the power of the Build brand." -A-Bear. "
- Since then, the company has developed a program called "Count your candles", where customers can build a bear during the month of their birthday and only pay the amount of their age.
According to Business Insider, More than half a million customers visited the Build-A-Bear stores during the "Pay Your Age" event. With the inclusion of an online purchase option for the sale of National Embrace Day this weekend, it is likely that Build-A-Bear anticipates huge profits this year as well.