SEE CONTINUED COVERAGE NOW:
SAN DIEGO (KGTV) – A forest fire broke out along Interstate 15 and State Route 76 in the Fallbrook area on Thursday.
Cal Fire confirmed the Lilac fire broke out at Old Highway 395 Cross of Dublin Road just after 11 am This is what we know:
(UPDATES AT 1:28 pm PST) ]
Acres & containment: 175 acres, 0% content.
Damage: At least two structures destroyed and 1
- All W. Lilac Rd.
- West of Old Highway 395 to Sullivan Middle School.
- Rancho Monserate Country Club Community at 4650 Dulin Rd.
- Sullivan Middle School located on West Lilac Rd.
- Bonsall High School at 7350 W. Lilac Rd.
- Bonsall Elementary School at 31555 Old River Rd.
- (SMS, BHS, BES students were evacuated to the gymnasium of Fallbrook High School at 2400 South Stage Coach Lane)
Advisory evacuations were issued to residents of Lilac Rd. To Camino Del Rey.
10NOTES TRAFFIC CONDITIONS
- SR-76 was closed from Gird Road to Old Highway 395.
- SB I-15 off-ramp to SR-76.
- SB I-15 to Old Highway 395.
PHOTOS: Lila Fire in North County
Cal Fire teams deployed aerial and ground resources shortly after the report. SDG & E is also helping with an "Erickson Air-Crane," which can transport 2,650 gallons of water. The Cleveland National Forest firefighters are also helping with 1 helicopter, two engine attack teams and one water boat.
Residents in the north of the county reported seeing and smelling smoke from the Lilac Fire from as far away as Oceanside.
Wind gusts have been recorded at 40-50 mph in the area, according to the National Meteorological Service.
When wind speeds are above 30-35 mph, pilots who help with aerial water drops will have the discretion to where to fly, Cal Fire Capt. John Hagee said. Hagee said that it is also when the air drops become less effective.
Cal Fire sent some resources to Los Angeles to fight a series of devastating wildfires but kept some equipment in San Diego to cover attacks like this, Hagee said.
This is breaking news. Stay with 10News as more information becomes available.
10NEWS REPORT: Getting fire and wind insurance
Erikson Aircrane available for fire fighting, courtesy of SDG & E
WIND RADAR: Control wind speeds in your neighborhood