On Saturday, he tested negative for coronavirus, based on a fourth test since he said on July 7 that he had the virus.
“Good morning everyone,” Bolsonaro wrote after reporting on Facebook that the test was “negative”.
The 65-year-old leader did not say when he took the new test. On Wednesday, it tested positive for the third time.
Bolsonaro also posted a photo of himself with a box of the anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine, although it has not proven effective against the virus.
Now that Bolsonaro is clear about the virus, he hopes to return to the crowd as he did before his diagnosis. Many weeks had been spent since the beginning of the epidemic with supporters, sometimes without wearing a mask.
He was photographed without a mask while talking to some sweepers in the garden of the presidential residence on Thursday.
Brazil, the largest nation in Latin America, is one of the epicenters of the outbreak. According to the Brazilian government, 85,238 deaths due to the new coronavirus were confirmed on Friday. There are 2,343,366 confirmed cases in the country. The actual number is believed to be higher.
On Monday, two more ministers in the Brazilian presidential cabinet said they had tested positive for the new coronovirus: 65-year-old citizenship, Onyx Lorenzoni, and 62-year-old Education Minister Milton Ribeiro.
Bolsonaro’s administration completed two months without the health minister last week.
Interim Minister General Eduardo Pazuelo, who had no experience in the field before April, is facing pressure to quit his job. He took over after his predecessor, a doctor and health care consultant, quit in opposition to Bolsonaro’s support for the use of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine, a related drug, for the treatment of COVID-19.