Dungeon Explorer “Shack-and-slash” Boyfriend Dungeon It will be available for Xbox One and PC through the Microsoft Store, as well as through Xbox Game Pass for console and PC, along with its previously announced Switch and Steam versions when it launches later in 2021, developer Kitfox Games announced.
“Why should other consoles have fun kissing guns ?! ?? Xbox fans deserve swords to kiss too, “said director and designer Tanya X. Short in a press release. “We’re in the middle of finishing the game and announcing voice actors, and now seemed like as good a time as any to also say that we’re partnering with Microsoft to bring Xbox fans that premiere shack and slash content.”
Here’s an overview of the game, via Kitfox Games:
Loot the dunj as you defend yourself from dangerous monsters and grab your guns on romantic dates. Woo your weapons in this cute, fun and welcoming world filled with procedurally generated dungeon mastery. Serving up a dose of summer adventure nostalgia, take your dates out while discovering their stories and leveling up. Embark on flourishing relationships with your armed beauties as you capture their hearts with friendship and love. In this joyful and fantastic adventure-filled cabin, upgrade your skills and defend monsters together because the couple who kill together stay together.
- Date up to seven weapons, from dancing swords to heart-piercing daggers.
- Dunj and action-combat challenges generated! Be aware!
- Various fighting styles. For example, hit hard and dodge quickly with the dagger, or take on crowds with Lasersaber.
- Each type of weapon feels and plays differently.
- Tasteful and inclusive approach to gender and sexuality, including male, female and non-binary romance.
- Let’s cut to the chase: take your armed girls on romantic outings, like to the club or the beach.
Check out a new trailer below!
Update: This post originally listed an Xbox Series version in addition to Xbox One, but when contacted by Gematsu, developer Kitfox Games was unable to confirm whether he will release a native Xbox Series version of Boyfriend Dungeon.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No comments from the car, including trolling, bait, or shit posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you don’t care about a topic, you don’t need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, deceptive or defamatory content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- Do not beg at the port.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW content (not just nude). For instance:
Woe to Leomon.Indicate the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful of other commenters. They do not need to agree, but to debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not continue the conversation, just report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comment without prior notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.