This is part of the story, CNET’s Gifts picks up with expert advice, reviews and recommendations for the latest technological gifts for you and your family.
After Thanksgiving is technically the day, but some of the best discounts are now here – specifically for Amazon ring home security products. Whether you are looking for video doorbells, lights or home security kits, you can get great discounts on any of them. (For the record, , whereas , Although both have had interim deals in the meantime.) These are the best deals ever found, but before we jump into it, here are some ground rules:
- Amazon already has top-notch deals on the site.
- We don’t know when the rest of the deal will go live on Amazon, but Sunday is teasing many of these same sales starting on November 22, so it is a safe bet that most of these should not last later than on Sunday morning.
- Having said that, many of these deals may have been available through Alexa voice ordering even earlier.
- Note that many of these are Prime Day retreats, but some new additions.
- It is not impossible to have additional bundle and add-on deals there, but we do not expect these prices to go any lower between now and the end of the year.
- Note that many of these are already backordered for two to three weeks, and those ships are likely to be longer. However, Amazon devices are rarely “out of stock” – shipping dates are lagging back and forth in most cases.
You don’t want to see anything here? Don’t worry – moreThe sale is coming.
This story was posted earlier and is updated frequently. Pricing and availability were accurate at the time of previous publication, but are subject to change without notice.
Deals currently available
Chris Monroe / CNET
The Ring offers live 1080p video, motion alerts and two-voice communication and a feature called pre-roll (when a person or motion sensor travels, you can see what happened before that). The deal saves about 50% off the regular $ 250 retail price and throws in the Echo Show 5 ($ 90 list price) to boot.
Note, the Ring Pro does not have a rechargeable battery. If you can’t connect it to existing doorbell wires on your front door, then this is not the video doorbell for you. Read our Ring Video Doorbell Pro review.
The Ring Peephole Cam is perfect for apartment dwellers or people with no doors. It is super easy to install, and $ 70 is a super welcome price. If you are interested in video doorbells in general, this is a great place to start. Read our Ring Peephole Cam review.
The Ring Alarm is a modular style home security kit, and you can get a variety of kit arrangements for great discounts. The five-piece with a free Echo Dot is the best deal, however, 50% below the list price. You can also get a 14-piece set for an impressive $ 200.
Taylor Martin / CNET
Ring’s Floodlight Cam usually sells for $ 250, so finding a camera under $ 200 – let alone with a free echo show – thrown into the 5 smart display is a pleasant surprise. This package is perfect for jumpstarting your outdoor security system, whether to keep your home safe from burglars or just to spy on the raccoons that are getting into your trash. Read our Ring Floodlight Cam review.