Home / Uncategorized / David Beckham buys a 10% stake in an English club, as do his former teammates Giggs, Neville, Scholes and Butt.

David Beckham buys a 10% stake in an English club, as do his former teammates Giggs, Neville, Scholes and Butt.



Foreign Championships

The former British footballer David Beckham has just bought 10% of the shares of the English club Salford City, joining as co-owner of the club in this suburb of Manchester, former Manchester United teammates: Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville, Phil Neville, Paul Scholes and Nicky Butt.

All these members of the "Class 92", teammates of the winning team of the 1992 Manchester United Youth Cup, now own 60% of the division of the 5th division of the club, including the businessman from Singapore. Peter Lim remains the largest shareholder with the remaining 40%.

"It's a great pride for me to join Peter Lim and the guys in the" Class 92, "said Beckham, 43." It is a very special club and a very special group of people. During my first years in Manchester, I spent most of my time in Salford, "where the former ManU training center was located, added the former England team captain.

"This is where I grew up, in all the senses of the word, and finally I came to the boys and this club today makes me happy," he added.

"From the beginning, we wanted David to get involved, and that we were with us on this incredible adventure, the circumstances and the compromises had not yet allowed it." Finally, this moment has arrived, which opens a new and exciting page in history of Salford City, "his former teammates reacted in the" Class 92 "in a joint statement.

Beckham also owns Inter Miami CF, which is scheduled to debut in 2020 in Major League Soccer (MLS), where the former striker played for the Los Angeles Galaxy.

Salford, the club of a nearby suburb of Manchester, is currently the third division of the 5th division in English. In the case of a promotion, he will join the 4th Division, the last under the auspices of the English League, for the first time in its history.


Source link