‘Bachelor’ producers criticize Rachel Lindsay’s harassment


The producers of “The Bachelor” have broken their silence to condemn the harassment Rachel Lindsay has received from the Bachelor Nation.

“As executive producers of The Bachelor Franchise, we would like to make it perfectly clear that any harassment directed at Rachel Lindsay in the wake of her interview with Chris Harrison is completely inexcusable,” the statement began, which was tweeted during the Monday night episode “Women Tell All” of the reality series.

“Rachel has received an unimaginable amount of hate and has been subjected to severe harassment online, which, in most cases, is rooted in racism. That is totally unacceptable, ”the statement continued. “Rachel has been an incredible advocate for our cast and we are grateful that she has worked tirelessly for racial equality and inclusion.”

Lindsay, 35, who was the first black “Bachelorette” contestant in 2017, took down her Instagram last week following a spate of cyberbullying after confronting Harrison about current contestant Rachael Kirkconnell’s alleged past racist behavior.

After the interview, in which Harrison defended Kirkconnell, the longtime ABC host apologized and walked away from the show. He was replaced by Emmanuel Acho to present “The Bachelor: After The Final Rose”.

Lindsay said Harrison made the right decision by exiting the franchise, but Lindsay’s “Higher Learning” podcast co-host Van Lathan said the backlash caused him to leave social media.

“Rachel is not responsible for Chris Harrison, a 49-year-old man who cannot read the room in this time of 2021. She is not responsible for that,” he said. “It’s not your job to make excuses or cover someone who doesn’t understand what the hell triggers people in today’s world. Is not. You’re going after the wrong person. “

Kirkconnell, who vies for the heart of Matt James, also apologized for her past behavior and asked fans to stop defending her.

.

Source link