Pokémon Go’s August month is going to be packed despite COVID-19 and temperatures in the Northern Hemisphere rising. There are incidents here which are coming in the sunlight of this whole month.
August Research Breakthrough Encounter
Available on Saturday, August 1, 2020 from 1:00 pm to Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 1:00 pm PDT (GMT Sc7), Scraggy, The Shedding Pokémon, will be available as a Research Breakthrough Encounter.
Magikarp Community Day
We already shared that Pokémon Go August Community Day features MagicPup, but here’s a quick reminder:
- Saturday, August 8, 2020, local time from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Magikarp will appear more often in the wild. If you are lucky, you may encounter a dazzling Magikarp.
- Develop MagicP during the event or up to two hours after arrival Giardos who knows Aqua Tail.
- Complete event-exclusive field research work to earn additional Magikarp candy.
- For US $ 1 (or the equivalent pricing price in your local currency), you can make a community day-long special research story a splash! Follow Professor Willow as he learns about Magikarp and its epic development journey!
Pokémon Spotlight Hours
In the month of August, the Pokémon Spotlight Hour will be on every Tuesday at 6:00 pm local time, and will spotlight a different Pokémon and special bonus each hour!
- Tuesday, August 4, 2020: Horseshoe will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn candy twice for catching Pokémon.
- Tuesday, August 11, 2020: Sableye will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice as much candy for moving Pokémon.
- Tuesday, August 18, 2020: Venipede will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn XP twice for evolving Pokémon.
- Tuesday, August 25, 2020: Geodude will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice as much as Stardust for catching Pokémon.
Go Fest Ultra Unlock is coming!
Thank you to those participating in Pokémon Go Fest 2020, for completing this year’s challenges! Not only did you end the take-over of Team Go Rocket’s event, but you also earned this year’s Ultra Unlock Bonus.
Here’s what you can expect for each ultra unlocked week.
Dragon Week will run from Friday, July 31, 2020, 1:00 pm to Friday, August 7, 2020, 1:00 pm PDT (GMT) 7).
- Majestic dragon-type Pokémon come in all shapes and sizes, from small sized gibble to trolling allan exguter, and this week will be their time to shine!
- Requaza will be on a five-star raid, and only special timed research will be available this week.
- If you are lucky, you may encounter a shiny dino!
Enigma Week will run from Friday, August 7, 2020, 1:00 pm PDT on Friday, August 14, 2020, 1:00 pm PDT (GMT) 7).
- Painted Pokémon range from the mysterious Elgyem specifically for Deoxys!
- Deoxys will be in a five-star raid, and if you’re lucky, you can have a dazzling encounter!
- You may also encounter a shiny stariu.
Unova Week will run from 1:00 pm on Friday, 14 August 2020 to Friday, 21 August 2020, 1:00 pm PDT (GMT) 7).
Seawadal, Cotonay, Amolga, and Boephalt – all originally discovered in the Unova region – will appear for the first time in the world of Pokémon Go!
- Buffalant will appear in New York City and surrounding areas.
- Genesect will be in a five-star raid, and if you’re lucky, you can have a dazzling encounter!
- You may also encounter a dazzling Roggenrola.
New shiny Pokémon in a month
Six new shiny Pokemon are being released this month, so keep an eye on these additions to your shiny collection: