Dear Villagers to Release the Recently Announced RPG Developed by Artisan Studios Ascending astria for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam in 2021 in the West, the publisher announced. It will also be available through Xbox Game Pass.
“In Ascending astria, we wanted to explore how people cope in extraordinary times, ”said Artisan Studios game director Julien Bourgeois in a press release. “Each hero has their own perspective, but it’s the relationships they form with each other that really bring the story to life.
Esteemed Villagers Publishing Director Guillamet Jamet added: “Watching this world come together has been a pleasure. And it’s an honor to have so many legends on the team helping out, like a childhood dream come true. Ascending astria it is more than a tribute to the classics. It’s the perfect next step in our editorial line of ambitious JRPGs. “
Here’s an overview of the game, via Dear Villagers:
An epic adventure with the charm and pedigree of a classic JRPG, Ascending astria tells a long story of destiny, sacrifice, and new beginnings.
The game was developed in association with publisher Dear Villagers and features contributions from world-class JRPG developers, with a score by Hitoshi Sakimoto (Final Fantasy XII, Vagrant history), narrative by Kazushige Nojima (Final fantasy x, Final Fantasy VII Remake) and art by CyDesignation (Akihiko Yoshida and Hideo Minaba).
In a world where chaos looms, players take control of the demigods, a motley crew of eight heroes charged with the fate of the world. Each character has his own story, explored in five cities, twenty-five dungeons, and thirty hours of gameplay up to fifty to complete 100%. Along with finely tuned turn-based combat, players can try out a variety of side quests and minigames, including an original fantasy-themed tile game.
- Epic tales – Fight for the future while counting on the past; sacrifice everything, give up nothing. The story of Ascending astria was developed in part by the writer Kazushige Nojima, known for his work on Final fantasy x and Final Fantasy VII Remake.
- Living landscapes – Travel the world of Orcanon, a richly imagined and fully animated 2D landscape with five cities and a dynamic weather system.
- Unforgettable characters – Choose from eight customizable player characters spanning a variety of fantastic races and abilities, and assemble a diverse team of heroes.
- Rewarding jump ropet – Work together to save the world, engaging in turn-based strategic battles using the innovative focus point system.
- A treat for the ears – With music and SFX by composer Hitoshi Sakimoto (Final Fantasy XII, Chronicles of Valkyria), Ascending astria it is a joy that swells your heart to listen.
Check out a set of trailers below. See the first screenshots in the gallery.