Army sergeant accused of shooting the street while bowling in Illinois in which three died


Authorities announced on Sunday that an Army sergeant was charged in the shooting of Bowling Alley, Illinois this weekend, killing three people and injuring three others.

Authorities charged a 37-year-old active Army Sergeant from Duke Webb, Shalimar, Fl., With three counts of first-degree murder and three counts of attempted first-degree murder. According to jail records, he is being held in the Winnabago County Jail without bond, with a hearing at 1:30 a.m. Monday afternoon in his court.

Rockford, Ill., Police Chief Dan O’Shea identified Webb During a press conference, Officials did not believe there was an association between the suspect and any of the victims of Saturday’s shooting.

“We believe it was a completely random act, and there is no prior meeting or any kind of relationship between the suspect and any of the victims in this case,” O’Shea said.

Webb is a Special Forces Auxiliary Operations and Intelligence Sergeant at Camp Bull Simmons, Eglin Air Force Base, Fla. The 3rd Battalion, stationed at I, is assigned to the 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne). Military statement. He joined the army in 2008 and was on leave when the shooting took place.

Commander of the 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) Colonel John W. “We are shocked and saddened to learn of this tragic incident and our thoughts and prayers are with the families of those killed and injured,” Sens said in a statement.

Shootout Dawn took place at Carter Lane, a bowling alley and bar, and three people aged 73, 65 and 69 were released. The suspect also injured a 62-year-old man, who is in critical condition, a 14-year-old boy, who was admitted to Madison Hospital, and a 16-year-old girl, who were treated and released. local hospital.

O’Shea said officers arrived within a minute after receiving several 911 calls. The suspect was taken into custody several minutes after police arrived, without firing an officer with weapons.

The Rockford Register Star previously reported that it had been the deadliest year for the city since 1965, with 35 homes. The next highest was 31 suicides documented in 1996.

.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.