Designed with privacy and security in mind
Security and privacy are fundamental to the design of Apple hardware, software, and services. With the HomePod Mini, only “Hey Siri” is recognized locally on the device, or the user activates Siri by touch, should any information be sent to the Apple server. The requests are not associated with the user’s Apple ID, and personal information is not sold to advertisers or other organizations. The HomePod Mini works with the iPhone to satisfy requests for messages and notes on the device without disclosing that information to Apple.
- Siri Shortcut HomePods made on the iPhone and iPad are available on the Mini, so users can ask Siri to start a pot of coffee on the HomePod Mini, control a robotic vacuum, add milk to the grocery list, and more.
- Ambient noise, Including rain, a chimney, a stream, and more, provide the perfect background noise to focus, relax, or fall. Siri can set a sleep timer that stops the sounds automatically.
- Find my Helps to detect an incorrect iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac or Apple Watch to indicate its location.
- Web Search Results from the HomePod Mini can be sent directly to the user’s iPhone for easy viewing.
- Music alarm Allow users to wake up to a favorite song, playlist or radio station from Apple Music.
HomePod Mini and Environment
The HomePod Mini was designed with the environment in mind and supports Apple’s plan to have a zero-climate impact on the entire business by 2030, including manufacturing supply chains and all product life cycles by 2030. The HomePod Mini uses 99 percent recycled rare earth elements. The neodymium magnet in the speaker driver uses 100 percent recycled rare earth elements. Seamless mesh fabric is made with more than 90 percent recycled plastic, and all of the packaging wood fibers are from responsibly managed forests or recycled sources. The HomePod Mini is also free of mercury, brominated flame retardants, PVC and beryllium.
The HomePod Mini uses power-efficient components and software that can intelligently power them during periods of inactivity. For example, through optimized power management features and a high-efficiency power supply, the HomePod Mini is designed to be efficient in its low-power mode, where most of the time is spent. The result is that the HomePod Mini is energy efficient right out of the box. Home Star Mini consumes 75 percent less energy than the requirements for Energy Star.